confused10019's story

confused10019

Reaction score
Hi,

I started to notice that I was shedding and losing hair about two years ago. Right around the same time, I recall two events that may have triggered my hair loss. I underwent wisdom tooth extraction that didn't go as well as planned. The Dr. hit my lingual nerve and I lost significant sensation on the left side of my tounge. Also at the same time, I decided to color my hair chemically. Nevertheless, for those of you that know the feeling of chemically treated hair (dry frizzy, lifeless, etc), that has how my hair has felt ever since then.

Soon after, I noticed that whenever i would run my fingers through my hair, hair would start to fall out. If i were to rub my hair with both my hands, it seemed as though hair was just falling out...it seemed like it was just raining hair. I also noticed that my scalp felt strange...like there was white particles that would sometimes created an itching sensation which also led to more hair loss. I could sometimes see this white substance.

After much debate, I finally went to the dermatologist who recommened that I get on propecia. I did that, which was about a year ago. But the problem continued. I went to a different dermatologist and actually brought in hair sample for him to look at. What he noticed, and I have noticed all along is that it doesn't appear to be normal hair loss. The hair bulb, or the end of the hair that has fallen out is black and dark, not white like you would expect it.

I wanted to know if anyone on here has experienced something similar to this. I just want to make sure I do not have some other illness I am unaware of.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
try finasteride first for a yr