Considering 3rd transplant

herenomore

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had two strip procedures done till now:

1st: 1300 grafts

2nd: 2100 grafts

I am considering getting a third procedure done and wanted to get your opinion on it. Considering a FUE+Beard this time. Primary reason being that recovering from a strip procedure takes a long time.

I've added some pics comparing my 1st two hair transplant's and then comparing my present state with the 2nd one. Its been almost 11 months since the 2nd hair transplant. What I wasn't able to capture myself was the state of the lateral humps on both sides. I would need some coverage on those areas too.

How many grafts do you guys think I would need? Any thoughts on FUE+Beard against Strip for my case?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• HT1 vs HT2.jpg
    HT1 vs HT2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 291
  • HT2 vs Month 10.5 Combed.jpg
    HT2 vs Month 10.5 Combed.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 259
  • HT2 vs Month 10.5.jpg
    HT2 vs Month 10.5.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 278

Petchsky

Reaction score
The crown can be a bit of a black hole for grafts, i'd say, but this is just a guess 2500-3000 grafts.

Are you a Feller patient? I remember seeing your pictures before some time back....

herenomore

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Petchsky. You are correct, my first procedure was with Dr. Feller.

How effective is FUE compared to STRIP. Do I stand to lose a lot more grafts with FUE?

The more I read about FUE, regular vs robotic, the more I'm getting confused.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Well, some of my info may be a little out of date, but the success rate was pretty similar, as long as you go to a proven world class Doctor....

The robotic FUE is a new one on me, don't know much about it, but if you've already had strip, and your doing a big session then strip makes sense and is cheaper...