Considering A Hair Transplant. What Should I Do?

investor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering a hair transplant but wary of quality/prices. Considering my hair loss do you think it's a good idea?

I have my head shaved at the moment so might be tough to tell how many grafts I need.

Any helpful opinions much appreciated.

- Investor

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 446
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 406
  • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 403

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your goals/expectations of end result?

shookwun

Reaction score
Hard to tell what we are working with. Look pretty much bald with a Nw5-6

Will need like 6000 grafts bruh.

Id imagine you would need both FUT, and FUE.

I dont think FUE can harvest more then 5000??

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need for meds if you can get a solid looking head of hair with one or two megasessions....you'd be pretty much set for life, since you're already pretty much bald as f***.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the most important thing for you is expectations. If I were you I would not worry about the crown and have a mature hairline and some top coverage created/added to frame your face. With you existing hair grown out a bit this would give you a nice result. I do not think you can achieve full coverage and it would, in my opinion, be a mistake to try given how far along you are. Use your grafts where you need them most.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you do get a hair transplant go with FUE only otherwise the scar will show. I would think if you are on finasteride then a hair transplant is a possibility, otherwise it is a lost cause. They may be able to scrape together 6000 grafts which could give you some decent coverage, but that may involve body hair too. It's really hard to tell with how short your hair is.

dr. cole

Reaction score
You are a Norwood 6 headed to a Norwood 7. The most important information is your age and your family history. You have at least 200 square centimeters of hair loss. That means you have lost at least 16,000 follicular groups. The average donor area has 203 square centimeters and 15,200 follicular groups. You can move about half of this. If your hair is fine, you will move fewer and if your hair is coarse, you will move more perhaps. If your density is higher, you can move more, and if your density is lower, you will move fewer. One simple test is the hair check or cross sectional trichometry. The average is 70 in the donor area. If you are over 90, you are a much better candidate. Unfortunately, your hair is too short to get this measurement so you will have to rely on density and diameter, both of which are quite useful.

One thing for sure is that you can't get a full head of hair. You are better off keeping your hair short to make it appear you have more than you do have. I call it "less is more". Combine this with beard and SMP and you might pull it off. If you want a full head of long hair, just say no to hair transplants. You have too much loss and not enough head hair to finish the mission. You can make great strides, but it's a long expensive road to get where you want and you probably will want to wear your hair short.

I would recommend Acell in the donor area extraction sites because you will not be able to find 48% of the extraction sites due to better healing and follicle regeneration. You can also micro pigment extraction sites making it possible to shave your head. Avoid the strip, FUT, at all cost. You can't get more grafts with FUT. It's a fallacy.