Considering a hair transplant...

too young for love

Reaction score
I'm a diffuse thinner who has started to think more and more about a transplant. I'm starting to establish myself in my job and saving up quite a bit of money, so financially, I'm at a good place to consider this type of work. As for my hair..

I've still got quite a bit overall, but thin gaps are really starting to appear -- primarily at my temples, but there's also some general thin-ness up top infront of my crown. I'd really just like to increase the density overall. My question is:

Of the transplants I've seen, most appear to have been transplanting hair to places that were slick-bald or near it. Can hair be "added," so to speak, to areas that are experiencing thinning but still have a fair amount of hair? If so, can anyone show me some photo results of this having been done?

G

too young for love said:
I'm a diffuse thinner who has started to think more and more about a transplant. I'm starting to establish myself in my job and saving up quite a bit of money, so financially, I'm at a good place to consider this type of work. As for my hair..

I've still got quite a bit overall, but thin gaps are really starting to appear -- primarily at my temples, but there's also some general thin-ness up top infront of my crown. I'd really just like to increase the density overall. My question is:

Of the transplants I've seen, most appear to have been transplanting hair to places that were slick-bald or near it. Can hair be "added," so to speak, to areas that are experiencing thinning but still have a fair amount of hair? If so, can anyone show me some photo results of this having been done?

Hi too young, how old are you and what is your family history of baldness?

It would be very helpful to see a photo or two of your hairloss so we could give you accurate feedback.

Glad your doing some research and asking questions! :bravo:

Take Care,
Jason

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Posting pictures of your current state of hair could indeed be very helpfull.

Performing a transplant in a diffuse thinner is very tricky and has the risk factor of permanent shock loss, meaning that you will lose some of the pre-transplant hairs you had.

Additionally you have to figure out (aprox.) how much your hair loss is going to progress. Check hair loss in your male relatives especially your father and perhaps your mother's brother. Most likely you are going to follow the same root with one of them.

Finally are you taking any treatments? I am a diffuse thinner myself and rogaine&nizoral have worked wonders. I still have some temple recession but my over all density has greatly increased.