considering going on provillus

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I recently ordered a hairpiece, and I am considering going on provillus to try to grow some of my hair back. Do you think I'm being obsessive about my hairloss, any comments good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks!

johnny b

Reaction score
dude been visiting a lot of hair loss forums and the majority believe that stuff is crap.and a big waste of money.

masterbilt84

Reaction score
I posted on my experience from Provillus here a couple of weeks ago, here is the link

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52324

I don't doubt that it has some ingredients that promote hair growth, but the product is simply over-priced, over-hyped and has little evidence suggesting the actual results from it (besides one dubious picture on its site).

The ingredients it contains (such as Saw Palmetto and Nettle) can be obtained from a cheaper supplement, usually found in supplements for Prostate Health.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I was wondering whats a good oral supplement for hair loss that could make some of my hair grow back?

masterbilt84

Reaction score
I am not an expert, but this is what I gather about regrowth of hair and oral supplements. I think oral supplements are mainly for the purpose of blocking DHT I (like Saw Palmetto, Propecia) from going to the hair follicles, and perhaps providing nutrients for healthy hair.

Propecia is claimed to have some hair growth effects. This is from the fact it may remove DHT from dormant or weak hair folliciles, allowing the hair to grow back stronger, thicker and healthier. So if you want to take an oral supplement, to support hair growth and prevent hair loss, then propecia (finasteride) is it.

However, I have recently stopped taking it because I suffered some side effects. Rather, I take saw palmetto. I acknolwedge it will never block DHT, but I hope it will lower the levels of DHT and slow the process. Also, I take a more topical approach and attempt to tackle the problem locally, with nizoral, essential oils, tricomin and other things. So I hope to reduce DHT through saw palmetto, and promote growth through topical methods.

Good luck!