Considering hair transplant soon!!

joner

Reaction score
Hello guys!
Let's begin with my story.
I am now 26 years old I think Norwood 3 and since July i am on 0.5mg of finasteride daily plus minoxidil 5%.
I use minoxidil since 2011 but finasteride only since july.
I started lossing my hair when I was 23 and the main problem is my crown area.
Now I am considering a hair transplant and I would like the best result so many is not an issue,I think i can spend up to 20000 euro that I think it is more than
enough.
Ok i will post pics and i wait for your suggestions!!
Am i 3 Norwood?
can i be a good candicate?
fue or strip??
Please tell me if you want more pics.
One is on the bathroom and the other one under lamp.

Attachments

• IMG_5043.jpg
    IMG_5043.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 290

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Hello guys!
Let's begin with my story.
I am now 26 years old I think Norwood 3 and since July i am on 0.5mg of finasteride daily plus minoxidil 5%.
I use minoxidil since 2011 but finasteride only since july.
I started lossing my hair when I was 23 and the main problem is my crown area.
Now I am considering a hair transplant and I would like the best result so many is not an issue,I think i can spend up to 20000 euro that I think it is more than
enough.
Ok i will post pics and i wait for your suggestions!!
Am i 3 Norwood?
can i be a good candicate?
fue or strip??
Please tell me if you want more pics.
One is on the bathroom and the other one under lamp.

you're a wicked candidate from what I see....You have no loss in the front, it appears...if all you have is vertex loss, then this will be a piece of cake...

joner

Reaction score
I've heard that crown hair transplant is trickier and requires more grafts and that most doctors avoid doing crowns??
I am thinking of wait until august with finasteride so it would be 12 months from the day i start to see if it gives some result and then go for hair transplant!
What do you suggest??
Todays pic immediate sunlight
IMG_5078.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I've heard that crown hair transplant is trickier and requires more grafts and that most doctors avoid doing crowns??
I am thinking of wait until august with finasteride so it would be 12 months from the day i start to see if it gives some result and then go for hair transplant!
What do you suggest??
Todays pic immediate sunlight
View attachment 21698
You have alot of crown loss for your age so wait until it becomes more stable with finasteride before you do anything. I would wait at least 2 years on finasteride and see where you are at by then. Hopefully, you are using minoxidil too as that works great on the crown and it could "buy" you more time before you need a hair transplant. Remember the crown is like a black hole that takes alot of your grafts away from your donor supply. If you are indeed a NW3, you need to be conservative with your donor hairs as the front is harder to conceal and less responsive to treatments than the crown.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...listen -- you're very lucky that your male pattern baldness will not affect your frontal area, cuz if it hasn't hit by now ti won't based on the extent of your crown loss...the fact that you've lost on your crown is a blessing --- that really doesn't affect your looks at all...

...you've lost enough hair on your crown that you can go for an hair transplant on your crown...don't have too high of a standard -- if you can even get 30% better coverage your laughing cuz a little bit of toppik and you'er golden...screw finasteride, it won't give you back what you lost..

..crown isn't trickier, I don't know where you heard that...but I would wait til the scarless FUE technique comes out and go for that...

...because you only have crown loss, I wouldn't be in a hurry if I were you...I know the loss makes you feel like crap and you feel targeted by mother nature -- but it isn't very bad at all...seriously, people could care less about your crown...

joner

Reaction score
I am not quite sure if ,in let's say 3 years my front area disappears!
male pattern baldness is really strange and unpredictable!!
I will wait for 1 year and re-estimate my norwood by then.
But the truth is that I would like to have hair now that I am on my 20's rather on my 30's!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
it's like you have the opposite pattern of the normal male pattern baldness horse-shoe thing...

...you have to think about it in terms of your donor area...do a hair transplant now, but don't use up all your donor hair so that nothing will be left for your frontal area if that ever fall's out...again, have reasonable expectations and you must be patient...so if you have 5000 grafts from your donor area, then use 2500 for now and accept the coverage it gives you...but leave the 2500 available for down the road...

...the best years of my life were my 30's man!! You have time!!

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
a bit of concealer would prob help you out for the time being.

joner

Reaction score
Of course I know about donor area..
That was my plan 2500 grafts for now.
I am bit skeptical for conealer..
What about swimming with concealer or even if concealer increases hairloss..??
Hope that 30's will be good.
I don't let balding get me down but I think about it a lot!

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
You have alot of crown loss for your age so wait until it becomes more stable with finasteride before you do anything. I would wait at least 2 years on finasteride and see where you are at by then. Hopefully, you are using minoxidil too as that works great on the crown and it could "buy" you more time before you need a hair transplant. Remember the crown is like a black hole that takes alot of your grafts away from your donor supply. If you are indeed a NW3, you need to be conservative with your donor hairs as the front is harder to conceal and less responsive to treatments than the crown.

Exactly.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course I know about donor area..
That was my plan 2500 grafts for now.
I am bit skeptical for conealer..
What about swimming with concealer or even if concealer increases hairloss..??
Hope that 30's will be good.
I don't let balding get me down but I think about it a lot!

I gave up on swimming long ago, though I doubt any concealer will last through a swim.

No it wont cause/increase hairloss.

pfatehi

Reaction score
the link for your after hair transplant pics doesnt work

Thanks for letting me know.. instead, I am uploading some Before/After pics here..

Attachments

• IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 193
  • surgery day 2.jpg
    surgery day 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 164
  • surgery day forward.jpg
    surgery day forward.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 188

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know.. instead, I am uploading some Before/After pics here..

how come in your first OP pics you have plenty of front hair but in these before pics your are basically NW7?

Is this an honest post?

pfatehi

Reaction score
yes, my first post was from a few years back.. around 2009ish? i started the meds for a little while but then i stopped taking them. years later the hair loss took its toll i think i ended up at Norwood 5a... it was pretty horrible and i didnt recognize myself in the reflection of the petco window anymore whnen i would go wiht my dog to buy pet supplies. its really a sad thing... eventually, i decided to get the hair transplant done. my doctor's strategy was to move all 2710 grafts to the front to build an entirely new hairline and he had me get on meds again to see how well the meds will fill in the crown area. so this is an honest post showing day 0 to month 12.. and the difference that was made by working with according to my Doctor Mohebi's plan of hair transplant + rogaine + propecia.

FYI, the moderators at h a i r r e s t o r a t i o n n e t w or k have featured me as "hair transplant patient of the week" and they are brutal in making sure people are factual
http://www. h a i r r e s t o r a t i o n n e t w o r k . com/eve/173007-hair-transplant-patient-week-paulygons-2-710-graft-fuss-dr-mohebi.html

see pics at 0,3,6,9,12 month points: http://www. ha i r t ra n s p l a n t n e two r k .com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2597

michaelglovre

Reaction score
Yeah you have a lot of crown loss for your age. I had the same problem on my 25 years of age and I approached the several hair transplant surgeons in Canada in accordance with the suggestions I got through such discussion boards. But at last I underwent surgery at Seager hair transplant centre in Toronto I am so happy with my results.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you able to transfer any body hair?

Im hopefully getting mine done next month is by balls sneak back out to say hi.

I asked the Doctor to use a bit of body donor as densifier (not much) to predict future use. He looked at my face and chest. He said my chest would be a good possible secondary source because its pretty thick and matches my head hair. Not to rebuild a line but to sneak in between so when the light hits it doesnt show major scalp. Its a test.

I sort of pressured him more into it than he wanted to actually try but he didn't seem to adverse to the though, Im italian..... LOTS of donor off the head.

it can be done

[video=youtube;KoDih4eXPTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDih4eXPTg[/video]