considering quitting minoxidil

jorogaine

Reaction score
ive been on both finasteride and minoxidil for about 2 months now (use minoxidil once at night). Both combined thinned out my hair pretty good but I had alot to lose which is also good. I realize I am only 22 though and I think I will quit the minoxidil and only continue the finasteride because of minoxidil being known to lose its effectiveness after only a few years. Let me know if you think I should hold off on the minoxidil until its really necessary. Also if i quit minoxidil now will I gain back in my thinned areas with just finasteride. I dont want to chemically imbalance anything lol.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
All good questions. Do I understand you correctly, did you allege both medications compounded your hair loss or thinning? Although I have heard the argument about minoxidil. "to lose its effectiveness after only a few years," I was not aware that this was certifiably fact or inevitable for every minoxidil. user. Even if this were so, there is nothing foolish about extending the life of your predestined doomed hairs, if but for only a few extra years. We can take it for granted that your newfound "thinning" is causing you more anxiety, but until you get your concerns clearly answered and allayed by a qualified and respected physicician I don' t think I would stop your present treatment just yet. All the best and thanx for sharing.

jorogaine

Reaction score
Im just unsure of what to do, I stopped both for about a week and now my hair is falling at an accelerated rate and my scalp is very dry and flaky.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
So should we all just accept our hair loss? I don't get what message you are trying to give. You are on a hair loss forum. Most if not all of us would like ways to keep or grow more hair, not quit all effective treatments and go bald.

Reaction score
So should we all just accept our hair loss? I don't get what message you are trying to give. You are on a hair loss forum. Most if not all of us would like ways to keep or grow more hair, not quit all effective treatments and go bald.

There are other natural ways.. less advertised ways, why do people always underestimate them?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Show me a natural hair loss treatment that works. I am sure if there was natural cure, we could be very aware of it. Everybody and their mother would create a natural hair loss cure if there was one that actually worked. Just like there are so many cures out there with saw palmetto, berries, and other crap. Nothing else besides the crap that we already know about actually works.