Contemplating quitting minoxidil. 1 yr 1mo in (pics)

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
You can keep your hair that length and deal with thinning, shave your head down to a one or get on finasteride. Your not gonna get results on just minoxidil and shampoo.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil don't kill the morning wood so that's a new one...

You may not see it but you got more hair from minoxidil. If you compare the pictures where you got wet hair and you show your scalp then you can see that the latest picture is coverings more head. You see less skin.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I really like the foam now it feels like it covers more so hopefully I get pleasing results. Anyone else have suggestions?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to use 3% Salicylic Acid shampoo by Neutrogena to clean your scalp of all that flakey skin .It works wonders. All your itch will be gone. Rogaine will just sit on your scalp and not go through the skin with all that build up. You will see after a week of daily use all that build up will be gone. always put minoxidil on a damp scalp also.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
You need to use 3% Salicylic Acid shampoo by Neutrogena to clean your scalp of all that flakey skin .It works wonders. All your itch will be gone. Rogaine will just sit on your scalp and not go through the skin with all that build up. You will see after a week of daily use all that build up will be gone. always put minoxidil on a damp scalp also.

Interesting, I thought regenepure should do the trick with the Ketoconazole. I'll try this out as well. I always thought that the buildup of minoxidil was preventing the rest of the applications of reaching the scalp.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
If you put minoxidil on a damp scalp you will increase the chance of side effects, however I have never heard of the side effects you describe being attributed to minoxidil. If you expect to get sides then more likely than not you will get them. there's alot to be said for the placebo effect.

I agree your hair looks better in the after pics but you really need to do something about DHT to save your hair longterm.

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
search lipogaine here and someone also experienced sexual sides. maybe its the anti-DHT ingredients