Contemplating quitting minoxidil/Rogaine due to shedding =/

Baseballer

Reaction score
I'm a 26-year-old who recently started Rogaine about six weeks ago in hopes of maintaining and possibly thickening my diffuse hair loss. I don't have a bald spot per se, so I was simply applying the minoxidil solution as directed twice a day to the entire top of my scalp. The first couple of weeks went well as I actually noticed decreased shedding, but since that time, the shedding has picked up quite significantly and is starting to become extremely worrisome. The shed is definitely real and not something that I'm just imagining in my head, and it's making me concerned. My hair now looks thinner than before and is more "see-through." I've researched extensively online and found that many Rogaine users experience the same "dread shed." Some people report the hair growing back thicker and fuller (eventually), while others say that it damaged their hair for good. I'm seriously at the tipping point right now and thinking about cutting my losses, stopping Rogaine, and praying that my original hair returns. Would anyone be willing to share their story and offer any recommendations as to what I should do? Thanks a lot for your help.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Stay on it, it is scary but a sign it works.
Check the success stories for some encouragement and the hair loss guide on this forum!
Good luck!

Baseballer

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your replies and encouragement. Sorry - I just saw that there's a whole board dedicated to this very issue of shedding. I think that I will continue with the regimen and give it more time. Thanks again.

T

Timi

Quit minoxidil

i have destroyed my Hairs, i take it 3Years
all says sheddig bla bla
that was No shedding that was Hairkilling as a Chemo