Cooltop Journey Blog/thread Scientific(ish) Approach

What could I do to make this more scientific without additional equipment, ie.. just my camera

• more proof

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoolTop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to start this thread as a blog type thread that others can comment on. I have tried Minoxidil in the past and think it worked some bit but could never confirm really if it did and never used it for more than 4months straight. I want hard evidence to show myself if this works and if not I will stop and stop wasting money on it.

I have recently quit smoking and am more conscious on my health and appearance since. I have been using minoxidil for 2months now and have recently got a 10x-100x usb camera that I'm going to use to take pictures of my progress (or lack of) over the next few months (hopefully).

Here is a picture of the center of my crown today where I am concentrating on treating. I think these small hairs are new but cannot confirm as I have no pictures before I started using products. this is at 60X magnification.

upload_2016-7-2_14-18-21.png

I am using Minoxigil 5% generic and Tricogen 12%. I'm only using it once a day (at night) as it is greasy in my hair if I use it going into work in the morning. I'm also taking Biotin 10000mcg once daily. Im going to keep with this current treatment until Christmas

Ill hopefully update bi-weekly or monthly depending on if I see any significant improvements.

So far my shedding has decreased vastly.

upload_2016-7-2_14-18-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-2_14-19-48.png
    upload_2016-7-2_14-19-48.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

CoolTop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's another pic at 20x

upload_2016-7-2_14-58-35.png

Do you think these small hairs are new growth?

upload_2016-7-2_15-8-29.png

This is a camera phone image, it might help see if I make any improvements over the next few months

Last edited:

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi! I think its better if you take macrophotages with highdef same light.
You should add an anti-androgen to your regim. If you are afraid of using finasteride or Ru I would suggest you using topical Alfatradiol (ell cranell or pantostin) or topical spironolactone. Both of them has better safety profile than topcial minodoxil and will help probably be of help. Also you can use Nizoral shampoo 1-3 x week. Its anti-inflammatory and also has anto-androgenetic effect. Has some clinical study with regrowth.

CoolTop

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the quality of the photos is going to be pretty similar to the magnified images above. I think they should be easy to judge if there is any increase in hair growth. The phone photo is just to put it into perspective just how bald I am at the moment. As you can tell from the camera photo, there are some hairs still all over (no fully bald patch) on my crown but the colour is totally gone out of 90% of the hair left. Thats why I added Biotin to the mix. I also take zinc tablets from time to time. not daily though
Might add Nizorol, my scalp gets pretty flaky alright. Thanks for the advise Kevand