Copper Peptides / Sesame oil as natural alternative?

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
Copper peptides are supposed to be good for the hair. But would applying a substance high in copper also have such an effect?

Sesame oil for example is high in copper. Chinese medicine has been using sesame oil for centuries to treat alopecia. Sesame oil is also a good source of vitamin E and it penetrates the skin very well which would make it suitable for topical application.

But there's more in sesame oil that could benificial:

Phytosterols (such as beta-sitosterol the active ingredient in saw palmetto)
and Zinc

What do you guys think, could this be an alternative to copper peptide products such as folligen and tricomin?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jkkezh said:
Copper peptides are supposed to be good for the hair. But would applying a substance high in copper also have such an effect?

No.

CCS

Reaction score
even if CPs were soluble in oil, you can't buy them straight. And they are expensive. You are better off buying Tricomin.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
The copper in sesame oil might bind with GHK (glycyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine, a peptide that can be found naturally in the skin) to form copper-peptides.
But I'm not a chemist so I can't really say if this is likely to happen. I'm sure though some copper peptides could be formed.