Corticosteroid injections on scalp

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt maintenance is possible without continuous usage of cortisone.

CCS

Reaction score
the stuff is a strong anti-inflamatory to stop immune system attack. It is save on small patches, but if you do a large area of scalp, enough can go systemic to shut down your immune system. So pick your areas wisely.

At longest it would last as long as botox, but I doubt it. My guess is you do it once a week or so. It should wear off eventually. One of the side effects is the indintation from the needle, which goes away when the injections are stopped, so I assume that means you need a lot of shots. I don't know how expensive it would get.

Just use bosewilia seratta topically.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
corticosteroid comes in lotion, creams, pills and injections as well as in different strengths and can be used for hairloss. The injections are once a month at the start.

I might try some lotion which should be easy to get from my doctor.

Anyone willing to give it a shot???

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Cortisone injections are only used for alopecia areata (a condition where hair loss occurs suddenly and in round patches).

CCS

Reaction score
They might also help male pattern baldness, since cyclosporine does. But they are desperate measures for the fast, ugly, otherwise untreatable alopecia areata. The risks might outweight the benifits with male pattern baldness, but it would be interesting to experiment if you will tell us the results. I'm just going to use my bosewillia.

docj077

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
They might also help male pattern baldness, since cyclosporine does. But they are desperate measures for the fast, ugly, otherwise untreatable alopecia areata. The risks might outweight the benifits with male pattern baldness, but it would be interesting to experiment if you will tell us the results. I'm just going to use my bosewillia.

So, that's why Jesus always has a great head of hair in all those pictures of him spread around the world. Boswellia's common name is Frankincense. Those three wise men knew what they were doing.