Costanzo's Story - (19)

Costanzo

Reaction score
19. College student.

My regimen:

0.5mg propecia

Should start nizoral and minoxidil in some months.

Hoping for regrowth at front and at the temples. Not lost any hairs at the crown.

Costanzo

Reaction score
Re: a small boy and a grey heaven - my story

I also forgot - do you think it's as safe buying pills online as getting a rescription for Propecia in Norway.
Is it the same quality abroad?

sidekick96

Reaction score
Re: a small boy and a grey heaven - my story

if you can get a prescription for finasteride, id get proscar and cut the pill into 5ths, you'll save more $$ and you dont have to worry about not being legit.

Costanzo

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Proscar tho', I don't know why - I just feel it's safer taking "the real thing." .

Yesterday I started Propecia. The same day I experience some of the sides like testicular pain, bad erection, shedding and brain fog. Do this mean I am a really sensitive, and may get bigger sides if and when I continue the drug?

I've decided to cut the tablets into halfs so instead of using 1mg, I get 0,5 mg instead. Anyone with experience, will this help and prevent further sides?

Costanzo

Reaction score
Re: Costanzo's Story - (19) PICS

Well, I've cut down the dose to 0.5mg. I still experience some sides, but I can live with that for now.

I've been on Propecia for almost a month, and my hair sheds like crazy. And the hairs is pretty much white with no color, and the same size.

I'm thinking of starting minoxidil and nizoral, but I may wait a month or two just to don't "shock" the body with to much chemicals.

Here is some pictures, I try to cover my hair loss up with a kind of combover, but i still have a pretty huge receeding at the temples and the hair color at front is not what it used to be.

Please tell me what my Norwood is! I really appreciate comments.

Attachments

• CIMG0104.jpg
    CIMG0104.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 279
  • Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 271
  • Uten navn2.jpg
    Uten navn2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 264

JonJon

Reaction score
I think you should wait it out and see how it goes with propecia. The side effects you are experiencing could be psychosomatic...I remember when I first started taking propecia...after a few weeks I started to really get paranoid about loosing my libido and it actually made it really hard for me to get it up...but then after I stopped worrying about it I was good to go...I've been on it almost a year now and I'm still working like a 20 year old should ;) lol.

Death

Reaction score
shave your head

it will be less noticeable

that or hair conceler untill the meds kick in....i would say

seems like you wouldnt look so bad with buzzed hair anyways...

try it out

good luck man.....

Death

Reaction score
btw looking at your first picture,,,not to alarm you but you have more to worry about then just your temples

Costanzo

Reaction score
JonJon said:
I think you should wait it out and see how it goes with propecia. The side effects you are experiencing could be psychosomatic...I remember when I first started taking propecia...after a few weeks I started to really get paranoid about loosing my libido and it actually made it really hard for me to get it up...but then after I stopped worrying about it I was good to go...I've been on it almost a year now and I'm still working like a 20 year old should ;) lol.

haha, yeah i've switched back to 1mg. seems like the sides was only temporarily. i think my body only needed time to adjust the new drugs.
don't have any sides whatsoever anymore, and i'm approx. 1 month into Propecia.

Costanzo

Reaction score
Death said:
btw looking at your first picture,,,not to alarm you but you have more to worry about then just your temples

yeah i know it seems a bit thin at back, but its been that way since i was 12. :p
so i don't think my crown should be my biggest fear right now.
but the thin white hairs up front scares the hell out of me. :p

i don't think i should buzz my hair either at 20, because i have kinda "boyish" look, so it wouldn't look good.

but thanks for the input

Costanzo

Reaction score
Soon 2 month into the treatment, the shedding has completly stopped, and I don't think i've ever shed as little as i do now.

still experience some minor ED with 1mg, i.e. it takes a little more time...

havent started minoxidil yet, hopefully i would see results from just propecia.

life is great

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
great to hear

keep it up and remember to be patient

6 months and 1 year are good milestone to evaluate your progress

cheers mate

Reaction score
Hey mate, good luck and do keep us posted with your results.
Your hairline looks good although slightly thinner behind (but maybe you styled it to hide the recession?), but yeah your crown area looks thinnest. Is that not your main battleground?
I started finasteride today, around 1mg (having problems dividing up these finscar pills equally) so I hope to see some good results. My hairline has taken a battering over the years and I'm 24 now. I hope to retrieve some of the lost ground and especially thicken up my crown.

Costanzo

Reaction score
my crown area hasn't changed at all, always been that thin.

4 months in.
no sides whatsoever.
but seems to have lost some hair in the temple region.

honk

Reaction score
i'm in a very similar boat. 21 years old and thinning in what looks like similar places to you.

started propecia and minoxidil at the same time and shedding was pretty heavy. however after a month it has definitely started to slow down and i'm hoping for those hairs to be replaced.

as for the side effects, i had a lost of libido for the first few weeks which was fairly worrying. however that has since subsided and all is back to normal

Costanzo

Reaction score
6 months in;

HEAVY shedding this week.
no signs of regrowth
no sides
more loss in the temple region.