Could use some guidance, 27

ledder

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is all new to me so I'm trying to stay calm and be proactive. I've always had a big forehead but I'm getting older and I'm beginning to think that my hairline is creeping. I have a red dot (not sure what it is) on my temple area and it seems more apparent. What do you guys think?

Also, if you think that it is starting to recede, could someone give me a really brief breakdown of the products you recommend? I've look at a lot of posts but I'm unclear of the best brand etc.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Side no pull.png
    Side no pull.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
  • Side 2 .png
    Side 2 .png
    1.2 MB · Views: 348
  • Front Side.png
    Front Side.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 359
  • Top no pull.png
    Top no pull.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 345
  • Top Pull.png
    Top Pull.png
    2 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285

ledder

Reaction score
Does it look very early? I'd be happy with keeping it as is, hopefully I can do at least that. What are the success rates on the big three?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to disagree with the NW1 comment. You have recession in both temples and diffused thinning behind it, along with apparent miniaturization. Your crown is also thinning. Yes, the only three things we have that actually work are finasteride (propecia) and minoxidil. Do your research and get to a dermatologist. Good luck.

ledder

Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with the amount of stress I'm under between work and studying. Also out of shape and haven't been getting enough sleep recently either. It seems to have come on pretty suddenly, or maybe I'm just making up stuf in my head. Either way I need to get on a regimen.

Also, where would you say I am on the Norwood scale? Between a 1 and a 2? Good chance of recovery?

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
thats male pattern baldness definitely not from stress crown is thinning.

ledder

Reaction score
Just ordered Nizoral and Rogaine, going to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist very soon. I'm okay with how my hair is now so if I can keep it I'll be happy. Can't believe this is happening but oh well.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good luck you can start rogaine once you get it and if you need a cheaper alternative look up Kirkland Minoxidil.

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is all new to me so I'm trying to stay calm and be proactive. I've always had a big forehead but I'm getting older and I'm beginning to think that my hairline is creeping. I have a red dot (not sure what it is) on my temple area and it seems more apparent. What do you guys think?

Also, if you think that it is starting to recede, could someone give me a really brief breakdown of the products you recommend? I've look at a lot of posts but I'm unclear of the best brand etc.

A dermatologist could probably tell you best what that red dot is.

It does look like your hairline is beginning to recede based on the pictures you've provided. However, it's not that bad and you caught it very early. Probably the best treatment to start right away is finasteride and minoxidil, which, when used in combination, are very effective (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12227482). The brand names for finasteride are Propecia and Proscar (less expensive), and a well-known brand name for minoxidil is Rogaine. However, you could simply use generic minoxidil, as long as it is 5% concentration. Nizoral shampoo is good too, but it is most effective for male pattern baldness in the 2% concentration.

I discuss a general list of good treatments in a blog post (https://attackplan.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/maintain/).

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Clearly male pattern baldness. Get to a doctor and get on medication. You can keep your hair and with some luck even some regrowth.