Could you evaluate this treatment?

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently stopped finasteride. My goal is first of all to maintain and secondly to regrow or add thickness.
After an online research I am ready to use this treatment:

Minoxidil 5% (Rogaine) once per day (night)

Tretinoin 0.05% day after day..about 2 hours before applying minoxidil

Aminexil SP94 (Product:Vichy Dercos): as recommended

Revivogen (which contains Saw Palmetto etc)

My question is: Do you think that it is better to combine all these active ingredients by using a product that contains all of them or most of them (i.e. MinSaw A, Xandrox, Spectral DNC) or use them separately??
It happened to read several times that two or three active ingredients can become inactive when they are combined in one single formula (i.e tretinoin with minoxidil). Thats why I am thinking to use them separately...
cheers

CCS

Reaction score
the revivogen is the only thing you are using that will slow down your loss. maybe the aminixel and retin-A will help too. But the minoxidil will just give you a fixed increase, and not fight the loss.

G

DNC and revivogen made by the same company, DNC worked really well. These two products remove dht and have a small % of minoxidil. At first with dnc had good results but after a while it
slow down effectiveness. Now I basicly switched to foam, and im seing more results, like I did with DNC.

all in all, I think you can try something like DNC with foam, but definetly use foam alone first. then later put on DNC/etc.