Could you transplant all your body hair?

phindog

Reaction score
I was just wondering if this is possible?

I have a very hairy back, chest, legs, arms and balls etc and its all really thick hair. If i were to move all the hair from my body to my head, im positive that id have a full thick head of hair. i know it wouldnt grow as long but id be happy with a thick number 1 or 2 buzz cut.

is there any doctors that will do this? how expensive would it be?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes you can do it and it would be very expensive. Depending on how bald you are, you probably would'nt need to use all your body hair, its much better to use real head hair.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f
how thick can a good transplant be ?
in terms of hair per cm^2 .

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure body hair is used as a last resort and mainly to just thicken things up. Dr Umar seems to have done some decent work with Body hair.

Wylie

Reaction score
Dr. Umar has done over 20,000 body hair grafts, for a full head of hair on butchered patients.

I dont know what the success rate is of yield but I do know that you are looking at over 100K for that type of BHT coverage.

s.a.f

Reaction score
kadosh said:
s.a.f
how thick can a good transplant be ?
in terms of hair per cm^2 .

Depends on the hair characteristics but most top docs aim for 65-90 pcm2. I think Feller said that up to 125 is possible. But your donor would'nt go far at that density.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think its about 100 - 140. :dunno:

Petchsky

Reaction score
50cm2 can provide good coverage i believe

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
phindog said:

I have a very hairy back, chest, legs, arms and balls etc and its all really thick hair. If i were to move all the hair from my body to my head, im positive that id have a full thick head of hair. i know it wouldnt grow as long but id be happy with a thick number 1 or 2 buzz cut.

How bald are you? Are you on any medicines for reducing hairloss yet?
Why do you want to transplant all your body hair?

The correct way is to use a combination of scalp, beard and only the most robust body hair if you have extensive hairloss.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
You talking hair or grafts?
45 to 65 grafts per sq cm should give good cover.

phindog

Reaction score
Devender said:
phindog said:

How bald are you? Are you on any medicines for reducing hairloss yet?
Why do you want to transplant all your body hair?

The correct way is to use a combination of scalp, beard and only the most robust body hair if you have extensive hairloss.
I'm pretty thin in the NW6 area and I don have a very thick donor area. This is why I was thinking about BHT. I am using propecia at the moment and have been for the past four years.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
phindog said:
I'm pretty thin in the NW6 area and I don have a very thick donor area. This is why I was thinking about BHT. I am using propecia at the moment and have been for the past four years.

Have you emailed any doctors with your pictures? There are very few doctors capable of transplanting all the Norwood 6 areas with body + scalp hair. Try Dr. Arvind. He may be able to help.
Heres an example http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48099

CCS

Reaction score
Petchsky said:

I have about 40 per cm2, and it looks like 1/3 density. I know in the right lighting and angle, I look just like the guys in hair transplant pics, nice and thick. But in any bright lighting it is obvious. You really want 60+. It is a myth that 50% looks like 100%. You can easily tell the difference. 50% just looks OK in some slightings. It has the appearance of hair instead of individual hairs. Just not locks of hair. If you want locks of hair, you want 100 per cm2. I have really course head hair too.

CCS

Reaction score
Devender said:

Would the scars in the beard area be noticeable?

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Devender said:

Would the scars in the beard area be noticeable?

I cant see any. Before my hair transplant, I met 2 other people who had got beard hair taken out. no scars in them made me confident going for my beard session.