Courve, Dermatch, prothick...

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in need of a concealing product. I was just wondering if anyone on here is using these products and could give me some feed back. I have gotten really thin in the front and hope this will cover my problem area until the treatments start to work(hopefully inthe next 4 months). So..
which products is the best in terms of looks, coverage , application and how long it lasts.

Also i would like to get this asap as i have a function to attend. Where can i get them? Any places in canada carry these products??

TIA

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
You can only get Couvre and Toppik mail order from the company, so it will take a while before you can get it, although they do ship very fast. What you might consider is a low-tech way around it, which is as fast and easy as buying an eyebrow pencil, the same color of your hair and essentially color the scalp between the hair. This was how they did it in the film industry before couvre was around. And it works well.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
THe problem with concealers is that they ir pretty noticeable when used on the hairline. I'm sure this depends on how thick your hair is though. For me it's not an option in the hairline I've tried it a few times. Looks good in the bathroom mirror but if I take a mirror to where the sun is shinning in, it becomes really obvious. and looks horrible. JMO

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Actually yes, Toppik on the Vertex......It works well for me since there's still hair there and I wear my hair in a ponytail. However if your hair is really thin it's still going to be noticeable.
The problem is when it hits the scalp it makes your scalp look dirty. Then when you brush your hair you get brush tracks on your scalp.
The pictures on the Toppik site are really misleading.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik is the worst concealer on the market. Toppik just leaves specs of fibers which make you look like you have colored dandruff.

The best product for the hairline and those with existing hair (minimal bald spots) is definitely Prothik. I've used it for the past 6 months and it makes my hair look as though I've had a hair transplant. It stays on when you sweat or swim which few other if any products can do. The one draw back is that it is quite messy and sometimes rubs off onto towels or pillow cases.

My other suggestion is Dermmatch, which is similar but superior to couvre, due to its easy application and ability to dull the scalp and prevent it from showing through.

I use Dermmatch and Prothik in combo.

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
I may just try the eyebrow pencil idea...Where can i get prothick or Dermmatch? I have receded temples and thinning in the middle/top of scalp. I would use it in this area.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Both products have their own websites http://www.prothik.com and for dermmatch just go to GOOGLE and type in the name. A 3 month suppy of Prothik I think is around $25 and if definitely worth it. The results of both products are absolutely amazing.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
WS6-TA said:
I may just try the eyebrow pencil idea...Where can i get prothick or Dermmatch? I have receded temples and thinning in the middle/top of scalp. I would use it in this area.

The eye-brown pencil idea is a good cheap way to start experimenting. But whatever method you decide, don't apply anything on - or even near the hairline. There's no way you can get away with that. It will be spotted.
Make sure to always apply it behind the hairline.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Actually yes, Toppik on the Vertex......It works well for me since there's still hair there and I wear my hair in a ponytail. However if your hair is really thin it's still going to be noticeable.
The problem is when it hits the scalp it makes your scalp look dirty. Then when you brush your hair you get brush tracks on your scalp.
The pictures on the Toppik site are really misleading.

Thanks, good to know it can work. Im just diffuse thinning, but mostly around the crown, so i got my fingers crossed that toppik works for me.

Yeah, those pics of people using toppik are either complete BS or purposely use the worst lighting imaginable.

johnnyu

Reaction score
I just used Dermmatch for the first time today and this stuff is amazing!! My hair is so thick now, that I can barely run a comb through it. :D This stuff ROCKS!!

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
How can that be? I thought dermmatch just colored the scalp? How is it your hair feels thicker?

johnnyu

Reaction score
How can that be? I thought dermmatch just colored the scalp? How is it your hair feels thicker?

You add it to your scalp and then comb it so it covers and thickens your hair also. Like I said before this stuff ROCKS!!