Crabs&shrimps.INC's Story - ( 22 /Started out today!)

Reaction score
Hey guys
Long time watcher, first time poster
I'm now 22 years old and i've gone from having a very thick - almost many- hair to a sort of thin but yet full hair in 2-3 years. (noticed hairs falling out at around 18)
I'm a very vain person - apparently and i really HATE the fact that my characteristic mane is gone. So now i've decided to give my hair full throttle
I've just started out on big three the 1st of march this year and I felt like i owed it to all of you to keep you all updated on my progress from now on.
I went to my doctor, who perscriped me 5 mg finasterid (very cheap in Denmark because of our healthcare system aprox 15 dollars for 90 tablets) and told me to divide it into 5th. I'm currently dividing it into 1/6 because i'm scared shitless about sites. I'm currently - after 14 days of use experiencing:
* decreased libido (like 50 % or so) and this really concerns me. I feel like the same person but I kindof NEED p**rn to gain a boner when wanted. Weird
* missing morningwood
* fewer 'random' boners
i'm 100 % sure that this is because of the finasteride and i hope it'll pass soon!
Every third day i use 1 % nizoral
today I ordered 5 % rogaine foam from ebay and hopefully this will help me. I just can't wait for finasteride to kick in, and from what i've read almost noone gain more hair from finasteride and nizoral alone.

This is my pictures. First pictures i took 5 days ago before shaving my head and the others i took today. I will be posting in here as often as possible but i will try to avoid making this whole 'experiment' an addiction to checking up on my hairstatus.

Let the game begin mothafuckaaa !

Right temple bfore cut
157y2o.jpg

temple bfore cut
2u7xb9t.jpg

after cut crown
2mg7bzb.jpg

after cut left temple:
iviolv.jpg

after cut right temple:
11ccqo8.jpg

Reaction score
Re: Started out today!

Okay. So during my first period of finasteride, i've deffinitly experienced more shedding. Maybe 50 % more than usual. The fact that i've just buzzed my hair could be a part of it, but i'm currently loosing around 50 hairs a day - that i've noticed. Anyone who knows if this hair is coming back when finasteride starts to kick in?

Reaction score
Re: Crabs&shrimps.INC's story - Started out today!

Still shedding alot. It's diffuse shedding but mainly my temples are dropping alot of hair right now. I can easily, if i try with just two fingers, pull out 10 hairs a day in each temple.
Guess I just need to hang in there and see if these hairs will come back more full

Reaction score

just added rogaine 5 % foam for my temples only . I'm gonna try to see if I respond well to it. My hair shed like crazy when I add the stuff.

Exxcel

Reaction score

I am 6 weeks into finasteride and have just started minoxidil today. experenceing increasing shed from finasteride after 3 weeks! seems similar to you, good luck with it man

Reaction score
Okay. So now i'm aprox. 1,3 month into my treatment, and it seems to make me shed a bit. My hair does look worse and my temples are getting more visible. It feels amazingly embarrassing and I don't feel like going out . Ofcourse i do anyway, but it really feels weard to know that it's thinner. Don't see any sprouts or anything yet but I will keep on at least for 6 months to see if this dicktwisting drug works. If it only worsen from now on, i have no idea what to do. It does seem like you purspone your own self-awarenessof you getting bald and add a hope to this whole fase, doesn't it? I really hope this won't break me down if it fails and Finasterid only ruins my hair..

cuebald

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to up your dose to me boss. My shedding lasted a month at most (and was mild at that)

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I haven't been in here for some time - not writing anyway
I thought it was time for a little update
I've been using finasteride (0,7-1 mg pr day) + Nizoral + zinc supplements +a good clean ecologic thickening shampoo in the morning for 3 months now and for the first two months my shed really increased. Lost around 100-200 haris a day (thin hairs mainly) and i thought my hairloss was getting worse. Now my hair is all fine and thicker than when i started the treatment. I now let my hair grow alittle bit longer and it still looks better and better every day and i really think this is because of the nizoral
As for sides i don't have the same sex-need but theres no problems when boner is needed.
i will post pictures in a few months . Hopefully i wont go through another shed till then

n0142248

Reaction score
Hey dude...

Your hairloss is very similar to mine and i especially relate to the whole mane to shame thing you think about your hair. Anyway just wanted to post to encourage you and im glad the treatments have started working for you..... im about one month into my finasteride and nizoral combo and i totaly get what you mean about the need and morning woods and random boners thing.. if i need to get one then i can but there just not so independent as they used to be!

Anyways dude good luck for the future and keep updating!

Reaction score
Okay. Time for an update
It has now been 6 months, and my hair is still almost the same. My temples are still thinning. I did experience 3 months of shed-stop after the first 2 months but after a trip to Asia for 1 month, cigarettes and no excersice, im really shedding 100 hair + a day now. My conclusion must be, that fastfood, sugar, alcohol and cigarettes is a bad thing for your hair. Who knew?
My hair does have the same thickness as it had to begin with and hopefully this is because of the finasteride. I will upload pictures during this weeknd.
I will keep on using the finasteride for 1 more year as i'm not rly having troubles with my sexdrive only a low amount of sperm when I ejaculate.