CrimsonThunder's story - (Age 19, starting treatments)

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm 19 from Australia. Very recently my family have been telling me that I'm going bald, so I've decided to do something about it. At first I was in denial and just tried to ignore it, but I don't want to anymore because I want my hair to look nice.

From all the stories and sites I've read, my hair is thinning. (I've noticed it's not as thick as it used to be). The sides and back are still very thick though but the front and temple area are not good. (the sites also say that. >.<) What I have decided to do after reading some posts here is to buy some Rogaine (which I guess is the same as Regaine?) Foam and use that. There is also a pill Propecia that I will take. (theres another but I've forgotten it...)

I'm glad theres a place like this to get advice from... Thanks guys hope to see you around. :)

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Hello everyone.

Hi
Welcome to the forum mate. I've not been posting here too long either. You're doing the right thing by getting on those two treatments. I'm sure you know that you may need upto a year to see the full effect of them, so patience and consistency really are the key. Photos are good too, but don't get obsessive! :). You've started treatments at 19 which is a good thing since it's way easier to maintain hair than regrow it. It would have made a big difference for me if i had started 3 years earlier .
I wish you the very best of luck!

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I also got a question. Should I get a haircut before I start? If so, whats the best type.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

it's not really necessary to cut your hair just to start treatment. But of course, having a shorter hair will make it easier for your to apply some topicals. Buzz it if possible...Some people just look nice with a buzz cut.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

when u have hair loss, its better to keep it short and neat

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score

I actually try to save up some hairs to hide some sh*t while i hope it regrows..but of course..if you get really thin it kinda sucks to have long hair that looks like a comeover..

RaginDemon

Reaction score

SoThatsLife said:
I actually try to save up some hairs to hide some $#iT while i hope it regrows..but of course..if you get really thin it kinda sucks to have long hair that looks like a comeover..

combover will get you no girls for sure.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
SoThatsLife said:
I actually try to save up some hairs to hide some $#iT while i hope it regrows..but of course..if you get really thin it kinda sucks to have long hair that looks like a comeover..

combover will get you no girls for sure.

lol, what a lovely quote. :D

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Girls much prefer you keep it short and neat

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if you only have temples receeded, then its easier to hide then by wearing your hair at the front longer.

its not that easier if your a diffusive thinner though.