Crown Hair Transplant - How many grafts? *pic*

tykouu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks in advance your opinions...

How many grafts would it take to successfully correct my crown hair loss? Also would you recommend a FUE or FUT procedure?

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 390

shookwun

Reaction score
1000 give or take.

most reputable surgeons will not only do the bald spots, but also reinforce the thinning areas for future loss.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
That is almost no hairloss at all! Better get on finasteride.
hair transplant now=not recommended!

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is almost no hairloss at all! Better get on finasteride.
hair transplant now=not recommended!

Why isn't a hair transplant recommended now? If you think a cure is there within 10 years, well that is wishful thinking. No current treatment in the pipeline will act as a cure. Cell culture they still need to fix the dermal papilla inductive and gene expression problem and even if they fix that technical issues need to be smoothed out and clinical trials need to be run of several years.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Why isn't a hair transplant recommended now? If you think a cure is there within 10 years, well that is wishful thinking. No current treatment in the pipeline will act as a cure. Cell culture they still need to fix the dermal papilla inductive and gene expression problem and even if they fix that technical issues need to be smoothed out and clinical trials need to be run of several years.

I said hair transplant isn't recommened in HIS case.
Because he has minimal loss, he doesn't know how much it will progress in that area or other areas.
Serious hair transplant surgeons are generraly reluctant in performing hair transplant's on such cases-with so much hair around, because putting grafts in relatively much hairy areas could lead to affecting surrounding hairs.

Anyway i'm sure 90% of top suregons would send him home. I hope he doesn't find some butcher who may put some grafts that would yield poor growth, and maybe destroy surrounding hairs in the process. BEcause i've seen cases like that.