Crown loss, what type of balding am I?

Fishcake

Established Member
Reaction score
In the last couple of years I have noticed my crown thinning and in the light it appears to be thin. I have had a few comments about it being thin, however in some lights it looks ok, but can still see some scalp. Iwas wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to treat/cure or even hide the thinning on the scalp. I know I am receding slightly at the front but my crown is what annoys me the most as at 20 years of age I hardly ever see anyone with a crown like mine ffs.

Also I have some moles on my scalp, right where it is thin, like exactly the location. Would this have any impact as they often irritate or cause ithing, that however maybe my thinning... not sure. Any feedback would be fantastic as in 5 years I will probably have no hair there if I dont do something!

Here are the images:

crown 1.jpg
crown 2.jpg
crown 3.jpg
crown 4.jpg
crown 5.jpg
crown 6.jpg
crown 7.jpg
crown 8.jpg

As you can see I have a noticeable mole on my scalp, not sure if people can see it easily, but I notice it and this is taken under direct bright light.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
If you check the forum for a bit you'll see the only real advice is finasteride and/or minoxidil man ..

It does look like it's beginning to thin. And if you're receding too it's obviously male pattern baldness with the only FDA approved treatments being the two I already mentioned.

Crown isn't bad.. finasteride would help in my opinion.

Goodluck.