Crown too far gone for the big 3 to work

baldingseverely

Reaction score
Balding since I was 21 (25 now). Was on saw palmetto and monox and it worked for a couple of years before it didn't. My crown has gotten very bad in a year. I'm not aiming for full coverage just a slightly smaller bald spot. Would love to hear your honest opinions. IMG_20160110_083808.jpgIMG_20160110_083808.jpgIMG_20160111_234427.jpg

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 and a half months big 3 (before on the left ,after on the right

IMG_20160423_175018.jpg

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe you're suppose to not take finasteride and saw palmetto at the same time. I think you're too drop saw palmetto if you take finasteride.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you would have to be taking a **** ton of saw palmetto to actually have it work, so I would guess it was mainly minoxidil helping you. But yeah no need to take finasteride and saw palmetto at the same time. Could also try toppix if you hair is the right length.

baldingseverely

Reaction score
I think you would have to be taking a **** ton of saw palmetto to actually have it work, so I would guess it was mainly minoxidil helping you. But yeah no need to take finasteride and saw palmetto at the same time. Could also try toppix if you hair is the right length.

I guess you're right must have been the minoxidil. Hoping the finasteride will improve things slightly. I'm tapering off the saw palmetto once every two or three days. A little bit more density and I can get some confidence back.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen people recover exactly that kind of balding with the big 3. It seems you still got alot of miniaturized hair on the crown so hopefully some of it can thicken.

thefishtales

Reaction score
Thats nothing, man.
Check out my thread with photos, "Norwood 5A and getting my hair back". Actually I am norwood 6. My life was wearing cap everywhere I go.
Been taking finasteride and minoxidil for 13 month and my hair is growing back.

baldingseverely

Reaction score
Update

Been two months since I jumped on finasteride ( been on minoxidil and keto for three years now). Went through a bad shed with unbearable itching the first month. Had to shave it off to forget about it.

I haven't seen any results but my itching has stopped and my scalp feels healthy. As much as I hoped for at this stage really.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.IMG_20160220_085021.jpgIMG_20160207_092339.jpgIMG_20160127_092502.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also I got on an aloe Vera shampoo to deal with the itch. Maybe it's a bunch of natural crap. But it's seems to soothe the scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

Another pic

Attachments

• IMG_20160226_161954.jpg
    IMG_20160226_161954.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 342

baldingseverely

Reaction score
Just got a hair cut today and for the first time in six months the barber ran his scissors over my crown area. Guess there must be a slight improvement.

baldingseverely

Reaction score
Yes baseline(pre finasteride) is the result of five years of balding without an anti androgen so you could say its aggressive.

Father was nw6 at 35( he jokes the stress of marrying my mother made him lose his hair)

Maternal uncle's are balding too nw4's.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you bud. But I think I might get a little improvement in the crown in the next few months. To be honest I don't really think women care all that much about thinning hair. If you go through the day like it doesn't affect you then it really doesn't matter to them either.

Shubham23

Reaction score
At what Norwood did you statrted taking minixidil?? And did the minoxidil gave you any good results??
I visited a dermatologist and he gave me minoxidil to apply 2ml once a day and he also assured me that my hairline will increase by 1 cm from the receded part. But till now nothing major improvements. I am 3 months in treatment.

Anyways good luck to you. Hope you do well on your regimen

baldingseverely

Reaction score
At what Norwood did you statrted taking minixidil?? And did the minoxidil gave you any good results??
I visited a dermatologist and he gave me minoxidil to apply 2ml once a day and he also assured me that my hairline will increase by 1 cm from the receded part. But till now nothing major improvements. I am 3 months in treatment.

Anyways good luck to you. Hope you do well on your regimen

Thanks shubham. Minoxidil works. I started with minoxidil as soon as I could see some scalp. And it grew hair very well. Never worked about hair loss for two years. But it doesn't attack the root cause of male pattern baldness which is why in the long run it is bound to fail, just like it did with me.

If you want to keep your hair please get on finasteride. If you're in India like me, Finpecia is very cheap my chemist didn't even ask me for a prescription.

For the record I saw results with minoxidil around 4 to 5 months in. Good luck to you in your hair loss battles!

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the shorter length of your hair, but from that pic there seems to be a noticeable improvement!

What do you think mate?

baldingseverely

Reaction score
I feel there is slightly more hair there. Earlier if I ran my hands from back to front there would be big depression after the frontal third. Now there is still a depression but less pronounced. I'm hoping for a moderate improvement only. But yeah the shorter hair does help. I imagine if grew it out the crown wouldn't look as improved. Maybe I can improve some more as I get closer to a year on this stuff.