Crushing Proscar?

Claisen

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered 5 mg finasteride (i.e.: Proscar) and, upon reading the instructions that came with the pills, have read that "this medicine may be crushed if difficult to swallow." That's directly from the literature.

In this case, wouldn't it be okay to weight 1 single pill, crush it into a fine powder, and then take 1/5th of a pill by mass? Wouldn't that be simpler than cutting into 1/5ths?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could do that in theory but then you have to weight it out or if a wind blows in there goes your pill. :) It is much easier to just cut it, I think. Anywone????

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
so crushing the pill into a fine powder then seperating it into fifths then storing the remaining 4 powder piles in seperate containers is supposed to be easier than just cutting a pill into fifths.

Id' like to see how you change a light bulb :lol:

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear if you crush it into a fine powder and snort it, it's much more "effective"

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Snorting the powder caused a significant increase in my nose hair count! I am very pleased with the product.

I can't imagine weighing crushed powder out to be easier than eye-balling a 1/4 or 1/5...you can weigh the cut pills too.