Crystal Meth has hair regrowth properties?

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I watched a documentary on Crystal Meth addicts yesterday (none of them were bald) and then I saw a before and after picture of this balding man.

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssu ... oto_9.html

He is easily a thinning Norwood 3 and then after a year of Crystal Meth addiction he becomes a thick-haired Norwood 1. Obviously I'm not suggesting anyone starts taking Crystal Meth, but maybe there's something in it that can be safely isolated for hair loss treatment.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Hahah, I think that's just the way he didnt cut his hair for a year. IF there's anything there that we can isolate from meth, then it should be interesting.

Note the guy in the bottom right corner and his temples... Seems to still be losing it.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Wtf he looks the same after, only with more hair. Someone should put this on the proven treatments section.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Seemed to give this girl a fatter nose. :shock:
http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssu ... oto_4.html

TBH I would'nt be too suprised if these pics were photoshopped for campaign effect.

ps what does it do to their skin? Looks like some of these guys when hunting with Cheney! :woot:

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
for the record : meth DOES grow hair faster... BUT
it does boost your hormon-balans also... flushes your vitamines and minerals...

CONCLUSION :

for Androgenetic Alopecia/hairloss its NOT the right produkt to use...
your hair will grow faster , but also fall out faster , dht will be boosted as well...

meth acts the same way like minoxidil in a way , wider blood-vessels...
i stick to nanominox, heavy stuff with the minoxidil-sulfate in it

you can boost hairgrowth also if you go jogging a long time, you can feel so the blood pumping in your head... when you do this 2- 3 hours before bedtime it could give you a better sleep also

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
off the hairloss topic but still relevant

what are all those "marks" on those peoples faces?
what's up with that?

they are practically all gone when those people are free from meth

are they just pimples/blemishes?

or are they like open wounds?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These pics have been around forever.

Am I the only one who always assumed these were photoshopped? I mean look at them, most of them look so fake

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
No hair was improved in any of those pics, I think your on crack. That first guy merely grew his hair out to disheveled proportions.Buzz cut it again and it will look the same. End of the hair meth revolution..........

abcdefg

Reaction score
If every substance mentioned so far from botox, lasers, meth, saw palmetto, beta sisterol, flax seeds, garlic, and we still have nothing that can stop yet alone regrow any real significant amount of hair.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
for the record : meth DOES grow hair faster... BUT
it does boost your hormon-balans also... flushes your vitamines and minerals...

CONCLUSION :
for Androgenetic Alopecia/hairloss its NOT the right produkt to use...
your hair will grow faster , but also fall out faster , dht will be boosted as well...

meth acts the same way like minoxidil in a way , wider blood-vessels...
i stick to nanominox, heavy stuff with the minoxidil-sulfate in it

where did you get this information from?
i'm pretty sure there are no clinical studies examining the effect of meth on dht.

i did however read that crystal meth causes blood vessels to CONSTRICT.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hairloss is'nt caused by lack of bloodflow, think about it its the blood that delivers DHT to your follicles.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
billythekid said:
where did you get this information from?
i'm pretty sure there are no clinical studies examining the effect of meth on dht.

i did however read that crystal meth causes blood vessels to CONSTRICT.

the best source there is : personal experience.... did use it 3times a week for 1 year... started as just when going out...

its now 2 years ago.... so i have really change my life...

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hairloss is'nt caused by lack of bloodflow, think about it its the blood that delivers DHT to your follicles.

Yeah there is actually a study to the complete contrary, that reduced bloodflow actually slows male pattern baldness, it is an old study though.

There is no way that is simply him with grown out hair, his hair is virtually non exist in the middle. If that was somehow real hair and not photoshoppped, he would be about a NW1-2 with a buzzed head, would look nothing like his before shot which makes me think it is bullshit.

About the skin, I imagine they would be scabs from picking at the skin. I know on ice people get the feeling of mites and stuff under their skin so they pick and scratch at it constantly.
Otherwise they would be pimple type things from the imbalance of everything going on inside the body's system.

cuebald

Reaction score
I think they've just gotten the pictures the wrong way round.

beaner

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
There is no way that is simply him with grown out hair, his hair is virtually non exist in the middle. If that was somehow real hair and not photoshoppped, he would be about a NW1-2 with a buzzed head, would look nothing like his before shot which makes me think it is bullshit.
It's real and not photo-shopped. In the "after" picture you can still see the same thin spot in the middle of his forehead. In the "before" picture you can see that the hair behind the frontal thin spot is still quite thick and has just been grown long and "combed" all over the front.

dream-guide

Reaction score
I had a dream where a guy told me that he rubbed crystal meth on his head to make hair grow, i remembered the dream in the morning, googled crystal meth and here i am! Who wants to try first?