CuriousDude's Story - (20)

cuebald

Reaction score
Re: Blonde guys story

It looks quite aggressive for a 20 year old, I'm sorry to say.
This is one of those rare cases though where it actually looks better longer than shorter. - in the longer pictures, it looks like minor diffusion. With it buzzed, you can see the extent of the damage.

I would say you are diffusing in the NW4 pattern, but that it has only just started.

My mate who is 25 has exactly the same hair as you, I noticed he started wearing hats all the time and it's a real knock to him too. He is very thin on top but with a beanie on it looks like he has thick blonde wavy hair. (I was very jealous of him until he too was struck with this curse!) He had very beautiful hair.

Your scalp looks very red and inflamed, is that sunburn?
I would use nizoral 3 times weekly (it's ketoconazole shampoo - this can help with inflammation) - but the only things really that'll help are finasteride and minoxidil.
How are the sides of your scalp? If you're lucky, those will be thinning too - and this would mean that you don't have male pattern baldness, and you have some Telogen Effluvium related to that redness. (this is fully reversible). If your sides are fine - then it almost certainly is male pattern baldness which is much harder to treat. :( Hair loss only on the top of the scalp is 99% of the time male pattern baldness.

finasteride isn't really recommended in younger guys - I don't know if any doctors will prescribe it to 20 years olds. 20 years is very young to get male pattern baldness but it isn't unheard of. There's an 18 year old somewhere here who's practically NW6.
finasteride stops the balding process from progressing any further, it may also grow a few hairs but it won't give you a thick NW1 back.
finasteride comes with side effects - I've never experienced any myself (been on it almost 3 years) but you get some people posting here saying it's made their knob change colour. (!)

minoxidil will help thicken the miniaturised hairs, but prepare for big shedding if you start it - I find it causes sheds especially in diffusers. I'd probably hold off on the minoxidil (I don't use it) but the choice is yours. Some people say it affects their skin adversely.

Do some reading in the various subsections of the boards before you decide to use treatments though.
Any other products such as vitamins, helmets, etc are unproven and are likely a waste of time.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Honestly I'd say it's better shorter. People usually only make fun of bald guys when their hair is clearly thinning and it's like they're trying to hold on to something.

I'd say you have two options at this point.

Nizoral (or its equivalent in Europe), this should help your scalp which looks inflamed. It is not necessary though.

What you need is Finasteride, either generic or prescription, at a minimum of 1mg a day.

Then you need minoxodil 5% or higher.

If you get on both of these and apply CONSISTENTLY without stopping for 1 year I think you will see some regrowth. You still have a decent hairline, I think you might make enough recovery.

The other option is to keep your head buzzed or shaved and do nothing.

CuriousDude

Reaction score

Hello once again.

Thank you for your replies. My father has the same hairline as me, and hes near the 50's. And on the picture where I had shaved my hair, well I am not the best hair cutter. I have been wearing a cap lately, and nobody can tell my hair is thinning.

I do notice whenever I leave the shower, that I have some flaking on the scalp. When I rub my scalp, lots of flakes will come off my scalp.

I'm gonna try to get on the big 3, and post pictures every month here.

weepysad

Reaction score

Hey!

As already mentioned, two things: Nizoral 2% and Finasteride (Propecia). Get on those asap. I myself am rather skeptical when it comes to minoxidil, but trust your gut on that. Also, if I may advise you, do not start obsessing with your hair too much. The situation may be bad, but it won't get better stressing over it, if anything, it gets worse.

Btw. I'm curious to know, are you from Scandinavia? There's something really odd going on with male pattern baldness in this part of the world. The rate of balding men seems to be far higher than anywhere else, and it seems to be rather frequently very aggressive.

CuriousDude

Reaction score

weepysad said:
Btw. I'm curious to know, are you from Scandinavia? There's something really odd going on with male pattern baldness in this part of the world. The rate of balding men seems to be far higher than anywhere else, and it seems to be rather frequently very aggressive.

Yeah I am from Scandinavia.... Well thank you for your responses! I hope that my situation wont get any worse, and perhaps get some hair back!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Do you happend to be Norwegian? :whistle:

It might be an idea to get your scalp flaking under controll before you start using minoxidil there. Fungoral is the easiest to get keto shampoo for us Scandinavian

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Dont buy Recrea Forte from the pharamency unless you are willing to wait 3 - 4 hours for it to partally dry... Got to order from the net to get the good ones :)

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I use minoxidil.com. It take 2 weeks to arrive with airmail. Gets through customs no problem...

Using #500 in morning, when i use 0.7ml, wait 5 - 10 min, then a TINY layer of 5% spironolactone wich i get from the same site, it is impossible to tell that i got something in my hair when i go to work 1 hour later. Maybe just a very small odor but then you got to actually smell on the hairs. 1.3 - 1.5ml minoxidil at night application