Curly hair and balding/shedding?

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have curly and wavy hair. I shed around 50-60 hairs a day in the shower I think, and i use stay in conditioner for my hair.

However, my hair stylist tells me it is normal for curly haired people to shed more in the showers because there hairs stays in place until you shampoo it off due to the sit in conditioner. Now, I have quite long hair, like adrian grenier, and I assume shedding in the shower is fine for curly haired people? I also asked him if I was balding, he said no, there are no signs and that my texture was the same throughout. He did say my brother might because he has diffrent texture on the crown. I asked him why I have these random long pieces of hair sticking out, he said those are healthy hairs regrowing.

He also said people lose around 1000 hair a day. But he did win educator of the year for hair styling and hair stylist of the year.

I am only using Revita Shampoo right now for a preventive treatment, and I eat salad 2 times a day along with a healthy diet that includes no soda,beer, and only water, juice, and pomegrenate juice. I rarely eat unhealthy, and I excersise daily.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm, i dunno. I'd say 50-60 a day is more than the norm.

He also said people lose around 1000 hair a day.

1000?! haha NO WAY, you'd be completely bald in a few weeks! Even 100 is over the top.

well, I think playing it safe is a good idea. and if he says you're not balding then you probably aren't. get some nizoral as it's cheaper than revita. use both if you like..

got any pics?

crespo

Reaction score
on a completely unrelated note, be thankful for curly hair! that's my saving grace for sure. it thickens up everythign and adds volume.
my hair is pretty dependent upon the weather (humidity brings out hte curls). When it's dry, my hair looks like crap and my scalp can be clearly seen (i'm a diffuse thinner). When it's curly, people don't think i'm going bald.