D3solus's Story.

D3solus

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Lets see where to start...I'm 20 and about to be 21 in December and i believe im suffering from male pattern baldness. It first started when i was at new years party last year and i had my head shaved and my friend who just turned up was like woah your going bald you have the receding hairline and everything and that did cut me pretty bad. Since then no one else has said anything so either there is nothing drastic there yet or their being kind.

To me however i do think my temples and front hairline are thinning out, i have taken some pics of my hair when it was long and then shaved so i hope that helps you out with well..helping me out to chose what treatment to tackle this problem with. Thanks.

If more pics are needed just let me know.

Attachments

• 24-10-07_1150.jpg
    24-10-07_1150.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 18-10-07_1217.jpg
    18-10-07_1217.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • side on.JPG
    side on.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,221

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything? Your "receding hairline" is a mature hair line from what I see. You have nothing to worry about. -rp

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair is great, no worries.

D3solus

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words but i still can't help but think im in the early stages of male pattern baldness. My 2 uncles on my mums side started going bald in their mid 20's but my dad didnt start losing hair untill his 40's but is now suffering from baldness.

Attachments

• 24-10-07_1801.jpg
    24-10-07_1801.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,097

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your temples receeded a little, but they dont look too bad.

If you have family history of male pattern baldness, then you should start taking finasteride to pervent future loss.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're just going to have to keep taking pictures and be sure that you're suffering from male pattern baldness. If your hairline continues to recede then you should consider hair loss meds. Getting on hair loss meds now could possibly make things worse.

P.S. Actually, that does look like some pretty strong receding, you could visit a derm to check to make sure you have male pattern baldness.

D3solus

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
You're just going to have to keep taking pictures and be sure that you're suffering from male pattern baldness. If your hairline continues to recede then you should consider hair loss meds. Getting on hair loss meds now could possibly make things worse.

P.S. Actually, that does look like some pretty strong receding, you could visit a derm to check to make sure you have male pattern baldness.

Guess its time for meds then. I've heard that rogaine comes in a liquid and foam form,which is better?

D3solus

Reaction score
So theres a chance if i start meds now things could get worse..that kinda makes me hesitate to even do anything about it,which could be worse in the long term.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have to be wise, don't jump to conclusions to soon. Like I said, make sure you have male pattern baldness first. Then go through the hair loss meds and make sure you know enough about the ones you use before you start. For instance, once you start minoxidil, you can never stop using it because then you will lose everything you gained or kept using the minoxidil within a few months after stopping it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
You have to be wise, don't jump to conclusions to soon. Like I said, make sure you have male pattern baldness first. Then go through the hair loss meds and make sure you know enough about the ones you use before you start. For instance, once you start minoxidil, you can never stop using it because then you will lose everything you gained or kept using the minoxidil within a few months after stopping it.

good suggestion, go to see a derm first to make sure you have male pattern baldness before you jump on treatments.

D3solus

Reaction score
I made an apointment to see a derm next monday. Im still confused sorry just iv got opinions saying my hairline has receeded alot and another saying it has a little,i lean towards the little part because i've basicly had that hairline since highschool and the only part that i can noticed that has changed is its become a little thinner.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you are the only one that really knows your hair man

we have no clue how your hair was even an yr ago.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
D3solus said:
I made an apointment to see a derm next monday. Im still confused sorry just iv got opinions saying my hairline has receeded alot and another saying it has a little,i lean towards the little part because i've basicly had that hairline since highschool and the only part that i can noticed that has changed is its become a little thinner.

There's a good chance you could be suffering from male pattern baldness since both sides of your family have the gene, but you might be lucky enough to not have to be worrying about it as soon as you think.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
when the first sign of male pattern baldness shows, its time to take actions.