Daktarin

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started applying Daktarin to the temples and hairline this week. 2% miconazole nitrate. Once a day, mid-day inbetween my Regaine applications. I'll keep you updated on any progress, if any.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the difference in price between Daktarin Miconazole and daktarin Ketoconazole and why not try the latter?

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
I genuinely have no idea what the difference is, either was fine for me. I just heard this Daktarin stuff had stuff in which some have said has increased hairloss so I just went to my local ASDA and got some. If it had Keto in it, i'd have still got it.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically Daktarin gold is like Keto/Nizoral cream, it's got the properties such as DHT inhibition ,ketoconazole also clears fungus.

A similar cream was used in a study here ...

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum ... nswer.html

Daktarin standard is miconazole nitrate another fungicide

People have started experimenting with to grow more hair, it's been posited that it's because it's a nitrate it's causing an increased blood flow to the scalp and encouraging regrowth, funnily enough the name of the site where everyone seems to be going mental over it, courtesy of Rogazzle who also pops onto this board from time to time.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/25445

Together they're being called the Azoles, they are both being accredited to having different properties for tackling hairloss, to me though it seems too much of a coincidence that they're fungicides.

Some people use both

Hoppi

Reaction score
I use Daktarin as well :)

It was the only miconazole cream they had at the supermarket.

I've been using it on my hairline as well as minoxidil, folligen and colloidal silver for the past.. I dunno, few weeks or something.

All seems to be going well atm, but then it's hard to know what's doing what.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got the Daktarin Gold with the 2% Ketoconazole.

It's dried up fairly quickly, thankfully so I can put the Miconazole Nitrate on.

Don't know how often to do it though, been putting the MN on every day so far but i might go to once every other day.