Damage assessment

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have gone past the point of acceptable recceded hairline, so i nFeed a little bit of growth rather than just maintenace, allthough I'm not optimistic I'll even get mainteance.

Firstly could you tell me what Norwood level I am, I'm guessing a 3 but i guess it could be 4.

I've been on Propecia and minoxidil for a month now, Havent had any regrowth which is fine as it's too early for that. But worried I haven;t had a shed yet.
As you can see from the pictures, I have very receeded temples, and behind my forelock is thinning as well.
It also looks liike i'm now difuse thinning in a Norwood 5/6 pattern but this may be the light and hair direction as you can see by the long hair picture that it's still pretty thick.
What I want to know is how likely the thin hair on either side of my forelock and behind is to respond to finasteride and minoxidil and thicken up to the same as surrounding hair.
I understand that regrowth on bald scalp is very unlikely, but if those very thin parts thicken up I would be back to a NW2, and then I would be sorted.
From your experiance, what are the time frames you start to see shedding, and when you see thickening.

I have had slight lower libido, take ages during sex and have slight uncomfortable hot feeling in penis and peronium, I won't quit however as finasteride really is my last chance. I might even consider changing to dutasteride, or using a topical AA in conjuction with finasteride to get the most possible chance of thickening up of the hairline.

Anyone come back from a similar pattern?

Also any advice on combatting finasteride sides? TopBuzzed.jpgTopbuzzedlonger.jpgTopLong.jpg

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really panicking about this. How likely am I to get the front to thicken up again, all those miniaturised hairs in my temples. I don't want to be bald. It's been a month, am I supposed to shed soon?

ryan1

Reaction score
i started shedding around a week after finasteride im about 3 weeks in now and im still shedding no noticeable difference in my hair maybe thicker if anything i do see new hairs coming in along the hairline theyre kinda small but ill take it. ive seen plenty of people who didnt shed from finasteride. how many hairs do you notice lost in the shower or on your pillow etc

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no way to tell unless you try. Keep on with finasteride (or jump on dutasteride like you mentioned) and throw in minoxidil. finasteride doesn't typically cause regrowth, usually it just stops balding. minoxidil will regrow. I didn't shed from finasteride at all, it just stopped my hair loss. I was on finasteride for 4 months before getting minoxidil, where I started shedding a little within a few weeks, then started regrowing after about 2ish months. It's been a few weeks since then but it looks about the same as at 2.5 months right now.

hair=life

Reaction score
@Bottlecap , try not to panic much....when u have finally decided to take the meds so now just show some persistence, and may u be blessed with gud results! a month too soon to assess stuff....if it has to shed it will shed.....just stick to the regime for a gud period!

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it's too soon to tell. I just get so obsessed with it, I keep thinking I should be shedding if I was going to get any regrowth. Because I have it buzzed down now I can't tell if I lose any hairs, when it was long I never lost a lot. I think it was all just slow miniaturisation.

I had definite low libido, soft erection and uncomfortable feeling in penis. The last couple of days it seems better, i'm hoping the sides disappear completely. I'm considering getting on dutasteride if sides do stay gone. Looking at the success stories, most of the lucky responder didn't seem to get any sides. Has anyone had sides that subsided and then got regrowth?

Also I am in group buys for Setipiprant and PGE2, waiting for more people to join and then i'll be able to add them to my arsenal. Got a fair amount of hope in the prostaglandin angle, just hoping I can have some success with finasteride and minoxidil in the meantime.