Dan's Story (21) (Start minoxidil 1 Month ago) with pics!

Dan55

Reaction score
So guess it's my turn :)

Hey everyone, I'm 21 and started receding at around 19. No one is my family is bald my dad has a full head of hair my mums dad had a full head of hair but my hairline now getting to the point where people are making comments and it's really getting me down. At the front of my head the hairs are really weak I can litrally pull them out with no force.

Like everyone else on here I've spent hours researching products and to be honest just get totally confused as you've got to admit it's pretty easy to get drawn in by some of the marketing out there! lol

Well a month ago I got myself some Kirkland Minoxidil, nizoral and alpecin shampoo.

So I use the minoxidil twice a day at 1ml each time as directed. I use the first dose just before i go to work in the morning and the second around 7pm to give it chance to dry before I go to sleep. The only sides I noticed when I first started using were watrey eyes and very vivid dreams but they have now gone

I use the Nizoral 3 times a week and thr Alpecin 4 times a week. I still have super bad dandruff I ran my hand through my hair today in the car and it was everywhere :( even though I used Nizoral this morning.

PICS followed:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

So I need advice I want to add to my ragime? I've read alot about finasteride and it really scares me, even just going in the sides section on this forum is filled with people suffering from erectile dysfunction which I don't think I could deal with!

Do you think I should add a DHT blocker in? I've read alot about maxahair? Any views? Ingrediants shown below -

picc.jpg

I'll leave it here my heads all over the place at the mo (long day at work) Just say thanks for taking the time to read my story and any advice is appreciated!

Dan

Dan55

Reaction score
Thankyou for your help Captin combover! your help was appricated!

I hadn't actually brought those supplments yet I was just wondering weather they wopuld actually do anything.

So do you think it's worth going to the doctors? Just to check my health? Or should I just jump on the Big 3?

I've just checked out the inhouse pharmacy and abit confused about the different types of finasteride? Is there a difference? Which ones best? :innocent:

Cheers Dan :)

Dan55

Reaction score
So I'm now on the big 3 :) I orderd Fincar pretty soon after making this thread and it arrived a couple of weeks ago! Cutting the tabs in 1/4 is tricky as I seem to struggle to get them at a even size any advice with this?

As for sides - my libido is taking a little bit of a hit along with watery sperm.

My testicals are aching a fair bit over the last couple of days it's a weird tickling feeling but I hear this is pretty common errections are still pretty fine tbh.

I wasnt planning on updating this just yet as it would make me think more about my hairloss and didnt want to get caught upon anything physiological especially just starting finasteride but to be honest I feel good, happy mood and relieved that i'm now pretty much doing everything to stop hairloss.

At the mo although it's only been one week and I have minor sides i'm happy I took the plunge., I know if I hadnt started taking it after reading all the stories I'd still be like WHAT IF?

Fngers crossed & Wish me luck over the next couple of months :)

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
I am shocked to see that despite seeing horror stories in the side effects section of this forum and now suffering some 'minor' side effects yourself, you carry on taking the drug. I guess you must be desperate?

Since when have lower libido and testicle pains been 'minor' side effects? go to your doctor and ask him about it. He probably gets to see that sort of stuff with 70 year old men but not young guys.

You are saving your hair to look good and youthful and yet in turn are ageing your body.