Dans Story

Dannyb8y

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on my first hair loss forum im 24 and from the UK.
I first noticed i was losing my hair when i was about 20/21 when a friend pointed out i had the beginning of a receding hairline, as you can understand this stressed me out ALOT and although i still had plenty of hair and my hairline was barely noticeable i was scared stiff of going bald so early on in my life.

Since realising i may be losing my hair i started to notice more and more hair building up in places like my dressing table where i styled my hair and on the head rest of my car seat, also alot on my hands while i was styling my hair.

Anyway i decided to start using Regaine extra strength and after about 6 months i noticed hair loss slowing down and also some hair growing back on my temples although it is thinner and more sparse than before.

I have been using the regaine ever since and although it has slowed down my hair loss i think my hairline and the crown of my head is still getting worse.

about a week ago i found this shampoo called Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo i have been using it everyother day and using nizerol 1% on the days inbetween does anybody else have any experience with these shampoos in combination with regaine?

I have noticed my hair shedding since i have started using them and my scalp has become abit itchy. But I do belive the hairs which are shedding are thin weak hairs.

I will post some pictures when i get round to taking some but i just wondered if anyone could give me some advice? is the hair shedding a good or a bad sign?
does anyone else have good results with the shampoos im using and should i quit the biotin and just go back to using nizoral and regaine?

any advice would be much appreciated. Also i started using alpecin caffine shampoo awhile ago with my regaine and i had a massive about of hair shedding which scared me and so i stopped, if that normal wen first using alpacin???

many thanks Dan

Dannyb8y

Reaction score
I was thinking about trying Propecia and maybe starting off at 0.5 mg but i am very worried about side effects. I have heard it can make you infertile?

If i was to buy some where is the best place to get it from?

RjiS

Reaction score
Dannyb8y said:
I was thinking about trying Propecia and maybe starting off at 0.5 mg but i am very worried about side effects. I have heard it can make you infertile?

If i was to buy some where is the best place to get it from?

According to the reported side effects from the FDA trial, there we no reports of infertility. At .5mg's, I really wouldn't worry about any side effects. Also, sides (which are reported to be quite rare) usually taper off after a few months of continual use. Check out Porpecia's site:
http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... ffects.jsp

I bought a year supply of Finasteride (generic Propecia, but identical) from my pharmacy for $30. I cut the 5mg pills into fourths and take one every morning.

Good Luck!

RjiS

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Cap'n. I did notice a decrease in my own libido between month four and six (I've been trying to be extremely objective about any sides/results), but it really wasn't bad. Since then, it has returned to normal. Once common theme seems to be that sides are highly unlikely, but in the case you fall into the 2%, don't worry; they will abate over time.

To me, it sounds like you really should give finasteride/Proscar a try. The sooner you get on it, the happier you'll probably be in the long run.

Dannyb8y

Reaction score
thanks for your replies guys some good info there.
What results should I expect with taking 1mg a day if all goes well?

Dannyb8y

Reaction score
Captain combover where are you getting 4 months supply for £15-£20? i just had a look on the online pharmacy you recommended and it seems very expensive.

also can you take this drug along with anti depressants and any other drugs?

Dannyb8y

Reaction score
does anybody know if i would still keep the regrowth i have from regaine if i was to stop using the regaine and start using propecia?

also what is the longest amount of time people have left between regaine treatments? i went to a music festival the other week and didnt use my regaine for about 3 days, would this make any difference?