Dark&bald's Story - (28 /early stage of thinning with PICS!)

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my story for all the folks having a hard time dealing and accepting balding. Especially for the new comers as I was recently there. I spent so much time in the mirror playing the game "am I or am I not" going bald. Well, the time has come for me to officially admit and accept the fact that I'm losing my hair.

Spending time on this forum and reading the stories of others definitely made it easier for me so I want to thank all of you and I hope I can do the same for someone else.

The funny thing is most people would read this and laugh their asses off but for us who experience it, it's not that funny at all we all know what the next person is going through.

For anyone reading this going through a hard time, all I can say is relax, it isn't so bad. Get on with llfe. haha if it was only that easy though, but it's the truth and it's reality.

I noticed about 2yrs ago that I was starting to thin in the crown area. Like I said, I tried to deny it and lie to myself . I guess it's bad enough were I can't do that any more. I've decided not to do the med thing because I feel it's not worth it for me.

Here are two recent pics:
flash
CIMG0052.jpg

no flash
CIMG0069.jpg

Hoppi

Reaction score
Well you know it probably doesnt have to happen, like not if you put together a good enough regimen :) Unless your hair loss is very aggressive (which it probably isnt) or you are sensitive to the side affects of systemic 5ar inhibitors like finasteride (which can probably often be alleviated anyway) I think keeping your hair is on the cards :)

I spent AGES on my regimen to make sure I got it right and suited it best to my needs, and yeah man if you wanna keep your hair I say do that too and go for it! If you are ok with the idea of losing it now then thats ok too, but it really seems that these days fairly often its almost personal choice! lol :)

Good luck with it and feel free to check out my regimen and stuff :)

Hoppi!

PS Sorry if I was telling you things you already knew there! lol

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
dude get on finasteride... low dose, maybe .5mg/day. i mean... you might not lose anymore but you might lose a lot. prevention is a lot easier than regrowth

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
Without finasteride I'm positive that you'll end up with a horseshoe, although it could take some time until then. Losing hair is bad, for most people at least, which makes it normal to be concerned about losing hair. If you don't think it's too bad and you don't mind to lose your hair then go to SlyBaldGuys then, this is a forum to discuss treatments of hair loss.

Hoppi

Reaction score
JOE-91 said:
No way, if he's cool wiht losing his hair he should tick around. Maybe even chuck up a picture with a newly shaven head to let people know that it's one of the BEST options if you can get on with things.

true in some ways yes :)

But I think it's all down to the individual really :)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hoppi's regimen is insane, the only thing helping his hair is the finasteride.

your male pattern baldness looks super relaxed, not aggressive at all.

minoxidil foam once a day on the crown might be enough for you for now, but it's totally up to you and how fast you think you're losing it.

finasteride works best for the crown so you should have no problems if you decide to start.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions. I already shaved my head twice and I actually like it being that I think I have a nicely shaped head and athletic/young looks. It does take away from my looks as I have noticed that some women are almost immediately turned off by my looks. I doubt that I would be missing out on much with those types of people anyway. The thing that's holding me back from sporting the shaved look is my family and friends get mad when I do it because I still have a lot of hair.

The pictures shown is just about 4 weeks from a baldy hair cut. Next time I shave my head, I'll be sure to post pics.

Hoppi

Reaction score
treeshrew said:
hoppi's regimen is insane, the only thing helping his hair is the finasteride..

I was going to just leave this comment be, but I'll level a brief comeback at it! lol

- Finasteride decreases 5ar systemically.
- Beta-sitosterol does this also by different means, I might drop it.. I really don't know :)
- Flax seeds increase SHBG to mop up excess free T and estrogen (and possibly does other things too, they were shown to work on 9 out of 10 people with male pattern baldness in a small study apparently)
- Coenzyme A reduces sebum systemically, and naturally!
- Ketaconazole reduces DHT topically
- Vits and nutrients enrich the hair follicles.
- Better diet and lifestyle and less stress balances your hormones resulting in less insulin, more SHBG, less T and estrogen, therefore less systemic DHT. Also will lower my cortisol levels.
- Multivitamin tablets just help in general, B6 also apparently eases finasteride side effects, but I haven't started finasteride yet anyway!
- Omega 3,6,9 inhibits DHT, improves bloodflow, lowers cortisol... possibly other good stuff!
- Nutrient-rich, DHT-reducing shampoo lowers DHT topically and helps the follicles
- DIM and I3C lower systemic estrogen, hence my interest.

Happy? :)

If not then we'll have to agree to disagree! hehe

dark&bald said:
thanks for the suggestions. I already shaved my head twice and I actually like it being that I think I have a nicely shaped head and athletic/young looks. It does take away from my looks as I have noticed that some women are almost immediately turned off by my looks. I doubt that I would be missing out on much with those types of people anyway. The thing that's holding me back from sporting the shaved look is my family and friends get mad when I do it because I still have a lot of hair.

The pictures shown is just about 4 weeks from a baldy hair cut. Next time I shave my head, I'll be sure to post pics.

That's cool man :)

If you are happy with the idea of shaving your head, then it's probably the healthiest thing you can do for your body! Good stuff :)

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
3yr update:

age 32

5mts ago I noticed the front half of my hair thinning out and forming a horseshoe shape and it's very noticeable to me. Even with all the horror stories I've been hearing about propecia, I'm getting more and more tempted to start a small dose. I''m going to make a commitment to myself to clean up my diet and cut out coffee which I have already done (it's been hard). My diet most likely has little to nothing to do with my hair loss but it will probably put me in a better position to start the propecia in my opinion.

CIMG0949_zps5a075dd0.jpg