Dark Circles Under Eyes

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I have developed fairly dark circles under my eyes. I think some of it has to do with being tired, as having 2 kids under the age of 2 will do that, but it just doesn't seem to be going away even as I've been getting more sleep. It may also be related to seasonal allergies - I've read that's pretty common. Has anyone here had this and tried something that actually worked? I've read online and there seems to be a lot of advice but everything has mixed reviews - whether it be creams, cucumbers over the eyes, vitamin E, etc. Anyone have advice on this?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man the f*** up?

Sorry could'nt resist :p

Aplunk1

Reaction score
EasyEd,

I don't use any products specifically for dark circles, but I have gotten into a good habits:

Every day, I wash my face with very cold water, blot it dry, and apply lotion with SPF 4. The SPF is supposed to reduce aging, plus the moisturizing effect keeps the circles in check.

I'm sure there are good, expensive products, but this has been working for me.

beaner

Reaction score
I find that the copper peptide eye cream from Skinbiology.com does wonders for dark circles/bags under the eyes.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I get them as well, a lot... I don't do anything special about them. If I get a proper rest, they tend to go away..

With proper rest I mean a few days not just one day..

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
kc444 said:
Are you using minoxidil? Some have reported this as a side effect.

No, I'm not. I am actually not using anything at all for hair loss other than Nizoral. Could that contribute as well to dark circles? I only use it about 2 or 3 days per week.

HughJass

Reaction score
I think it's more likely to be because of your children. You'll have to get rid of them.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
HughJass said:
I think it's more likely to be because of your children. You'll have to get rid of them.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

It's actually gotten a little better. I've had some good sleep recently and have washed my face with cold water a couple of times per day and have noticed an improvement.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hey man!

I had a very minor issue with that several years ago and asked my Doctor about it. He said the dark circles are due to swollen capillaries, which are more prominent under the eyes because the skin there is so thin. Sometimes it can be genetic, but lifestyle can affect it as well. He told me that sleep and hydration should minimize them, and not just ONE or TWO nights good sleep, but making a point of getting better sleep on a more regular basis.

With some attention paid to trying to get better sleep, and to my hydration, they got a lot better.