Darko91's Story (19/Receding Hairline/Need a hand)

darko91

Reaction score
Hi guys

First of all I just wanted to say what a great community you have here and I feel really lucky to have found it.

Basically, my hair is naturally very thick, but around the age of 17 I noticed a slight recession of my temples which got worse throughout the whole year. Around then I decided to do something about it as it was really getting me down (even though I can easily disguise it by wearing my hair down) so I did a quick bit of research and decided to start using nizoral 2%- which I have to say has worked brilliantly; my hairline has stayed exactly the same since using it and i'm losing no more hairs.
I'm optimistic that at my young age I can cure my Hairloss. I've just started using the Body Shop's Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for the days when i'm not using nizoral (i used to use Head and Shoulders which I now know is BAD).

Here is a picture of my current hairline:

I'm looking to try and get it back to the way it was a few years ago. Does anyone recommend anything for me? I'm reluctant to start Rogaine Foam until next year when i'm at Uni... In the mean time is there anything topical that will boost growth of my hairline?
Cheers guys

Winter

Reaction score
I have a similar hairline, and had the same progression as you. Only I'm a few years older. Since my father is a NW3/4 I immediately acted and have been on finasteride and nizoral 1 % for about 7 months. I have close to no side effects and from what I can tell the regression has completely stopped. My hairline is not as low as it used to be but still fairly low, looks very juvenile from the front.

darko91

Reaction score
Ok, it's been over a month since I started nizoral,Ginger Bodyshop shampoo and topical spironolactone. I swear to god i think i'm getting some regrowth. I can see a line of baby hairs coming forward. See what you think:
2evrgxc.jpg

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is fine... dunno why you have bothered with any treatments yet.