DarkSockedFox Story (24 w/pics!)

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
I first learned about my thinning hair about a year ago when someone commented that I had an "interesting widows peak."
I didn't think much of it then, but as time went on it started eating at my mind... soon enough I was horribly depressed and self-conscious about it. It took me a long time and lots of research before deciding to take action and get on finasteride and such... but anyways, decided I'm going to track my progress and keep positive. I wanna be one of those success stories =] Hopefully I'll get some extra volume going on and I wouldn't mind some temple regrowth.

So I'm 24
Current regime:
1.25 finasteride daily
Nizoral Shampoo 3-4x per week
Been doing this for 2 days and so far no sides from the finasteride.

Thinking about starting on minoxidil, too, but I'm a little scared of the shed.

Anyhows... hi to you all =D

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 181

Hoppi

Reaction score
Yeah that looks a little bit like my hair at the front. I'm on Nizoral and gonna be on finasteride soon too :)

I think it's just one of those things - it seems to be very normal for guys really...

My regimen is a mix of all the most appropriate things I've found so far, but I'm finding better things all the time!

I know what you mean about Min too, I'm scared of the shed and to be fair I think for people like me and you I don't think we are really quite at the point where Minoxidil is necessary, and we are both tackling it nice and early so we should be fine :)

Keep up the nizoral and finasteride, and I'm definitely going to be watching your progress and stuff as it's always good to give each other pointers and stuff.

Anyway, welcome to HairLossTalk.com and I hope you learn a lot and have fun getting to know people!

Hoppi :)

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel good about starting kinda early. If I manage to maintain what I have, cool. :) Like I said, though, regrowth would be awesome lol.

Thanks for the kinds words and hope the finasteride/nizoral works out well for you, too!

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
Just a quick update.
Been on the regime for like 10 days now and have noticed absolutely no side effects. No results, either, but that's understandable =D
Also, added Tricomin to my non-nizoral days.

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
So 1.5 month update!

As far as looks go, no change... hairloss seemed to stop all together at first then started back up to what's normal, I think. Kinda odd.

Sides: Balls hurt now and then, libido seems to be same as ever. Temper seems to be unusually short for the past couple weeks, not sure if that's related but thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Anyhow, that's all. Next stop 3 months!

martinD.

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with the short temper also, i've only been on it a couple of weeks. Things i'd normally not notice or simply brush off become an issue now.

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
martinD. said:
I've had the same problem with the short temper also, i've only been on it a couple of weeks. Things i'd normally not notice or simply brush off become an issue now.
Ditto. I'm hoping it'll ease up after a while.

postit15

Reaction score
ANy intial shedding from finasteride? Or is ur hair just falling out at the same rate as it usually does?

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
Postit15, sorry I didn't respond. Shedding didn't seem to increase at all... seemed like it slowed for a moment then went back to what it normally was.

So just updating for month 3. No progress that I can see on the hair front, other then I seemed to have maintained but I dunno. Hair seems a tiny bit darker, too.

Bad news on the sides, though. at 3 months the sexual side just hit me like a freight train and I feel pretty damn fatigued a lot. I'd been happy with everything and was content just taking the drug forever, so I'm sure it's not just in my head. I hope they ease up soon.