DarkVctry's Story

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay as you can see in my photo, i have a spot in the back of my head. This spot cannot be seen by the naked eye, however it can be seen when i use a cellphone camera with the sun blarring down on my head. So in high lights plus a camera flash i can see this area on my head.

All of my friends and even strangers tell me im not going bald, they tell me im jumping the gun. So who knows maby im not, but i dont want to be in denial either. Also as ive mentioned in my profile, i am a lifestyle bodybuilder. I refuse to take any internal drugs that play a major role in my hormones, i am a natural bodybuilder so i don't do steroids. My goal is to eventually get my natural pro card and compete on a higher level. I joined the Army at the age of 26 because of personal reasons (i already had a decent career as a paramedic)

Im on a journey to find out which topical treatments can stop the baldness from progressing, or where will my balding naturally stop on its own on the Norwood scale. Ive done alot of research and i know they are trying to make a great topical solution with minimal systemic effects, i think im going to try spironolactone as my first treatment along with Nizoral shampoo and Revivogen shamptoo (not the other Revi stuff because i heard revivogen is crap) I would consider transplants if i know it will last. I am here to drink from the well of hairloss knowledge and i am happy to be here.

As you can see my hair shaved and my hair grown out some, my hair is naturally very wavy and curly. Im not interested in rogain or any stimulants, i just want to stop it from getting worst......if im even going bald at all.

Both grandfathers on fathers and mothers side never went bald, my maternal grandmothers brother has all his hair, however my mothers brothers both lost their hair. Nobody on my dads side went bald, however they just keep great hair with high hairlines.

Attachments

• shaved head.jpg
    shaved head.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 189
  • dec07.JPG
    dec07.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,040

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
DarkVctry said:
or where will my balding naturally stop on its own on the Norwood scale.

Male Pattern Baldness never stops, until you die. You are definitely losing your hair. You basically just said you don't want to use either of the two FDA approved drugs for the treatment of male pattern baldness. How badly do you want to keep your hair? Topical Spironolactone is probably your best bet, but I wouldn't expect very much.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
If you refuse to take finasteride and minoxidil, your improvement (if any) will be minimal. It's really up to you.

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
zeroheat said:
If you refuse to take finasteride and minoxidil, your improvement (if any) will be minimal. It's really up to you.

I agree and would say that your hair loss looks bad enough where you should probably use both. I find it hard to believe that the hair loss is not visible with the naked eye. At a minimum, I would get on minoxidil now, but I would recommend using both. You will likely lose more hair and will not regrow any without minoxidil and/or finasteride. Minoxidil, topically, will not give you much side effects and little of the drug will be absorbed. It's very safe topically. Finasteride can cause some serious side effects though, but it is generally safe for most people.

rotsen182

Reaction score
are those 2 pics from the same date?
seems like a different person , u must act now so u can keep your hair...

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
classic pattern baldness, probably around a NW2 to NW2.5 right now, which is exactly where i was when i started finasteride and minoxidil.

really, unless you're very luck (1 in 50 maybe?) topicals aren't going to do much for you but maybe slow you down a bit and regrow some hair. finasteride is really the only "cure" for male pattern baldness, and it works extremely well for most people.

there have been many threads on here concerning body building and finasteride, and i'm not sure it's been 100% proven that finasteride has any negative effects on muscle gain (oh god, how i don't want to get into another thread on that).

up to you man, but if you're serious about keeping/regrowing your hair for the next 5-10+ years finasteride is really the only hope (in combo with topicals like minoxidil).