David's Story - (19)

David199

Reaction score
Hey there, i have been losing hair and thiningness at the age of 18, i was very scard about this so i booked in a appointment with ashly and martin. I have been on the program exactly 8 months now till today. and im telling you paying 450 buks a month for a student is a lot of money and very stressful for me just thinking about it.

So on sunday i was called in for the consultant he told me i need to now maintain my hair which will cost 1920 a year at 160aud a month.

I thinking i can't manage to pay 160 a month for the REST of my life im only a student and my dad is retired this is just soo stressful for me cant i live a normal life and not worry about bills at this age.

I also want advice if i can buy these product ashly and martin sell else where for cheaper price which i have read around people are doing.

Or is there other treatments i can do myself which is greatly more cheaper and more convenient for me.

Thanks!!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Davids story 19 yrs old

First off you can stop using the expensive "consults". They are only after your money and tell you anything they need to get you to use THEYR products....

Dont know how advanced your hairloss is but many people here use the big 3 wich is minoxidil, nizoral and finasteride. I personally dont use finasteride, use some weaker topicals instead cus of the side effects. Your call :)

cuebald

Reaction score

What exactly is this ashley and martin programme? It certainly smells like a scam to me... I bet it's one of those places that sells Minoxidil and dubious shampoos at massively inflated prices.
Just go on the Big Three.

David199

Reaction score

cuebald said:
What exactly is this ashley and martin programme? It certainly smells like a scam to me... I bet it's one of those places that sells Minoxidil and dubious shampoos at massively inflated prices.
Just go on the Big Three.

Yes on the bottle they gave me it says Minoxidil 7% and Retinoic Acid 0.01% PGFREE.

What is BIG 3 can you please explain more about it i have no idea when people say big 3 makes no sense to me where can i buy it how much is it how much do i use etc.

cuebald

Reaction score
So you've basically been paying $2,000 a year for shampoo and Minoxidil, which you can get for $100 or so annually. These guys must be raking it in.

The Big 3:

Minoxidil (a growth stimulator, you rub this stuff into your scalp and it helps thicken hair)
Finasteride (an oral medication - this medication inhibits a hormone called DHT which is primarily responsible for the degradation of hair follicles. You take this tablet once a day and it will halt further growth - but it won't cause much new growth)
Nizoral (an anti-fungal shampoo that also has mild anti-androgenic activity)

If you're lucky the clinic you're visiting now will have gotten you a Nizoral derivative (a Ketoconazole based shampoo) but I wouldn't hold my horses. Anything else they're selling you, you can probably find in a cheap multi-vitamin.

"The Big 3" are the only real treatments that work. Your other options are: get a hair transplant; cover up the bald spots with Toppik or other nanofibres (they're like a powder that thickens your hair) - or get a wig.

Finasteride requires a prescription but lots of people buy it off of the net - be sure to read the Side Effects board before you take the med though. (It doesn't give me any sides really).

And you should really do your research before paying money like that.