Day 66 Donor Scar

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
For some reason I had a wild urge to trim my hair short to get a good idea of whay my donor scar looked like at this stage. I trimmed my hair using a No. 1 guard just so I could see the scar. Well, folks, I am glad I can wear a hat to work, because it literally looks like a little bare ridge all the way from ear to ear. Still pretty pinkish red too.

I may seriously consider having some FUE done and grafting hairs into the donor strip scar. I won't normally trim my hair that short ever again, but I was shocked to see just how obvious the scarring is.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Give it time it could be shockloss, and never take it for granted that you'll get away with a grade 1 or 2.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what was odd? I expected it to look bad, and it still surprised me. Oh well, in a few weeks I'll hardly notice it after the hairs grow back over it again.

theanimator

Reaction score
Hi DD,

I just had my sides and back cut with a #4 guard. I'm almost in the same boat as you. I just had my hair transplant 2 months ago, so there is still a little shockloss around the smiley face (scar). It doesn't look that bad, but like you said..it looks like a ridge. So, I guess I'll just wear my hat too for another month or so until the hair grows long enough to cover the area.

Reaction score
I had a hair transplant a hair butchery (bosley) like 5 years ago, I can see my scar when I use the longest setting on the clippers. Is there anything I can have done or any to use to hide it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You could have FUE into the scar, or possibly have a scar revision procedure, this time by a decent surgeon.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about 15 days post op and in case it helps any I've just started to apply toppik to the scar area until the shockloss fades and the hair around the scar grows in and it looks awesome.

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
took 1 year for the wacky sensation to leave and the thing to look decent ....

takes time

G

I agree, it takes time, some more than others. Time improves the pinkness of the strip scar for most patients. A couple of you are still pretty recent post-op.