Dazedandconfused16's Story - (Balding, On Propecia)

dazedandconfused16

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am 21 years old and have been balding since I was about 19, This past year 08-09 has caused me some concern because I have noticed considerable thinning all over or diffusely. I started taking propecia March 08 and have been taking it ever since. I have not noticed huge amounts of progress (my hair still falls out, and seems to continue thinning), I stopped taking it for a week or so and noticed the thinning was much worse so I began taking it again. My doctor advised me to continue taking the propecia as it should help slow the process of balding for years to come. But I want to do something more for my hair and have noticed that many users on this site use Rogaine. I have a few questions, 1) how intense/long does the shedding occur? 2) i want to shave my head (around a 2 or 3) and was wondering how to apply the rogaine and put on sunblock? 3) will the sunblock affect the rogaine? and if so how do I avoid this problem? Sorry this is so long-winded but I want to know as much as i can from peeople, THanks!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Balding, On Propecia and leaning towards Rogaine

ok....

well to answer your question it depends on the type of minoxidil you use

the liquid takes longer to dry and you would have to put the liquid on probably 3 hours before you apply sunblock

the foam however dries very fast
i would say you could apply sunblock approx 30min 10 an hour after using the foam
it may even help it absorb better acting as an lotion

dazedandconfused16

Reaction score
thanks, so waiting about 30 mins or more sould be sufficient if i'm using the foam? and how does the sunblock help the minoxidil? Does having shorter hair aid in the absorbtion of the minoxidil?