Dealing With Hairloss And Possible Solution: Minoxidil

Porokara

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

So I'm a 22 year old student and have been losing hair for a couple of years I guess, but started noticing only the last 2 years. The first year and a half of those 2 my self-confidence dropped to an all time low and I was too scared to face the problem. Until my hairline started to go way too far back, I went (totally desperate) to the dermatologist. She recommended a treatment with minoxidil because it was low-risk and had good results with a decent amount of people. For the last three months I've been using it once a day and my hairloss has stopped completely. I'd say there's some regrowth too but I'm not sure. Anyways, overall, very happy with the results (way better than expected).

I advise everyone that from the moment you see your hair's thinning, you visit a doctor and try to find a solution. Acknowledging your hairloss is hard but living in denial won't help. Personally, I can really advise a treatment with minoxidil as it has no side effects (except some dandruff) and good results. The sooner you start the better, as it is still able to reactivate little hairs that are 'dying'.

Small note: overall my hair loss was still rather limited, minoxidil is not something that will magically regrow your hair when you're almost completely bald. It does help remaining what you still got and help regrow those hairs that aren't completely dead yet. Hence why it is so important to search for a treatment as early as possible.

I wish everyone good luck and a lot of courage! Any questions, please ask!

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol