Dealing With It: This Is My Story, Don't Give Up

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
First off i'd like to say thank you all for this lovely community. I've been reading random threads non-stop and it has 'weirdly' enough become a hobby. Most of your stories have been quite entertaining to read even though there are obviously conflicts between some people on how to behave or what to do when you are balding.

I have been a Norwood 2ish since I was 16 (picture attached was when I was 21) I am now 26 with the sameish hairline as you can see from my thread. For those who have read my "LLLT thread' I first noticed I was balding when my sister told me "WHOA YOU HAVE A RECEDING HAIRLINE ALREADY". Funnily enough her boyfriend at the time was bald. I always thought my hair loss was due to stress as I was dealing through a lot of personal issues when I was growing up.

To be honest I didn't mind too much in the beginning because everyone always said I look younger for my age and people would always underestimate me at work. So having a receding hairline made me look older at least.

I didn't really do anything about it till this year where I purchased the Theradome helmet which I use twice a week. Will it work? No clue, but I bought it for cheap so why not.

Why don't I use Minoxidil?
Didn't really like the 'lifetime subscription' and I heard it only delays hair loss not prevent it.

Why don't I use Propecia with Minoxidil then?!
I have been diagnosed with diabetes and I already suffer from erectile dysfunction quite early in my life, I don't really want to take the chance on making it even worse.

Balding since 16 and you're still not bald?
Well i'm hoping it's a mature headline but it definitely looks like it's at least 'receded'. So if you are a NW2 there is still hope.

Most of the threads I read are "you'd look good with a shaved head and beard" WELL being part asian doesn't really allow be to grow a beard. Maybe one day i'll try the Minoxidil challenge to grow one.

I hope you enjoyed my little story and <3 you all. Any questions? Let me know!

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes it's Androgenetic Alopecia sometimes just paranoia. ^_^