Debating Whether To Go For A Hair Transplant Now

need_transplant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 29, diffuse norwood 4, dealing with hair loss since 21.

My dad is also a norwood 4 with a slightly bigger crown, and is in his 60s. I've tried all the meds.

I've done a lot of research on transplants over the past 3 years and I came to the conclusion that my best bet was a surgeon in Belgium.

There are only two things holding me back - money (it will cost over a third of my savings), and the fact that I am still thinning in the crown. I've been quoted 2500 grafts, and the plan is to go conservative, just basically create a defined hairline and space out the grafts on top to add some density.

To be honest my hair loss situation is becoming unbearable. people still say I have a "lot" of hair (even though I've lost half the density on top), but my temples are VERY high, I no longer have a hairline as such and the wind makes me look like a freak. I just want to go in and get this operation done as I'm missing out on life.

I don't know what to do. I don't have to pay the full amount until I actually have the transplant, so maybe I should just work and save like crazy. I don't want to wait until my mid 30s or something to have a transplant, I don't want to live with this miserable situation.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
missing out on life.. i know how you feel man. keep fighting and you would be surprised what good things await you.

can you post pics? it's hard to give recommendations if we only have your self-reported data.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I would say go for it. Sounds like you're mental torture is really detracting from your quality of life. If you have a way out I'd take it, even if it means some sacrifice

Even if the meds aren't working, as long as you're confident you're not headed for NW7 and your donor is ok, a good surgeon should be able to come up with a long term plan to improve your situation

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...To be honest my hair loss situation is becoming unbearable... I just want to go in and get this operation done as I'm missing out on life...I don't want to live with this miserable situation.

I think your course of action is pretty clear regardless the money issue. You can make more money not more hair. In the future it may be necessary to have additional touch up transplants. At NW4, hair transplant is indicated.