Decision Advice - Transplant With Dr. ******** - Taking Propecia

Psychobuff

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on booking a surgery with Dr. B-i-s-a-n-g-a for an FUE, 2500/2700 graft transplant.

I have done what I feel is good research (lurked forums) and Dr. B seems to fit the bill very well in regards to his online reviews and in dealing with him personally.
I had a consultation with him in London a few weeks ago.

Now, despite having felt very confident in my research I've become very nervous about making the final booking, paying the deposit and wondering if I'm making the right choice.

Another aspect is that I started taking Propecia under Dr. B's advice.
I was adamant on not taking Propecia due to the possible side affects but took it under his good word.
I have become anxious about long term effects of this drug.

I'd like to ask here if there's any advice or re-assurance you'd be able to give based on my choices?
I know a lot of things are down to personal preference of course but I trust your greater knowledge
of both the drug Propecia and of Dr. B within the world of surgery.

I would truly appreciate any advice you could give!

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on booking a surgery with Dr. ******** for an FUE, 2500/2700 graft transplant.

I have done what I feel is good research (lurked forums) and Dr. ******** seems to fit the bill very well in regards to his online reviews and in dealing with him personally.
I had a consultation with him in London a few weeks ago.

Now, despite having felt very confident in my research I've become very nervous about making the final booking, paying the deposit and wondering if I'm making the right choice.

Another aspect is that I started taking Propecia under Dr.********'s advice.
I was adamant on not taking Propecia due to the possible side affects but took it under his good word.
I have become anxious about long term effects of this drug.

I'd like to ask here if there's any advice or re-assurance you'd be able to give based on my choices?
I know a lot of things are down to personal preference of course but I trust your greater knowledge
of both the drug Propecia and of Dr. ******** within the world of surgery.

I would truly appreciate any advice you could give!

Thank you
Been on Propecia for 13 years and still doing fine. I am considering Dr Bissanga too. You made an very wise decision. Can you post photos of your hair so we can see your situation?

Psychobuff

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on Propecia for 13 years and still doing fine. I am considering Dr Bissanga too. You made an very wise decision. Can you post photos of your hair so we can see your situation?
Appreciate the rapid reply!
It's great to hear you've had no problems with Propecia especially having used long term!
99% of the web seems filled with awful comments regarding the drug.
Like I say I was set on not taking it until being advised by Dr. B-i-s-a-n-g-a although I still find it hard to ignore the online chat about sides.
Pic here showing my loss and proposed hairline design.
: )

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 211

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Appreciate the rapid reply!
It's great to hear you've had no problems with Propecia especially having used long term!
99% of the web seems filled with awful comments regarding the drug.
Like I say I was set on not taking it until being advised by Dr. B-i-s-a-n-g-a although I still find it hard to ignore the online chat about sides.
Pic here showing my loss and proposed hairline design.
What Norwood level did the doctor say you were? I think you need close to 3000 grafts since you seem to have fine caliber hair. How old are you?

Psychobuff

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood classification: Norwood 3, with a retrograde alopecia
Hair Characteristics: Brown, Slightly wavy, Medium Fine Hair
Donor Density: Measured in 2 areas as 75/80 Follicular units per cm2
Miniaturisation:
None
Dermoscopy: Normal

Attachments

• IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 212

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Norwood classification: Norwood 3, with a retrograde alopecia
Hair Characteristics: Brown, Slightly wavy, Medium Fine Hair
Donor Density: Measured in 2 areas as 75/80 Follicular units per cm2
Miniaturisation: None
Dermoscopy: Normal
Your Norwood level seems worse than a NW3 since you have diffuse patterned alopecia. You are still in great hands with your choice of doctor. I am also considering Dr Lupanzula too. Did you consult with him too?

Psychobuff

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok that's interesting, I'm budgeting for the higher 2700 as I'd prefer the best result but that's still 300 grafts different to your thoughts.
I shall look in to Dr. Lupanzula. I must admit I haven't seen his name I don't think. I've lurked these forums for a long time and got a good feel for Dr.B but worth checking all options.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
I too was in the same position when it came to booking the date and paying my deposit, its now been 4 weeks since my surgery with Dr B and I'm happy so far and cant wait to see the results, you can see my link below

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-fue-grafts-dr-b-i-s-a-n-g-a-belgium.111843/

As for finasteride I only fully committed to it 5 months ago and haven't had any sides yet, if I have to take it for the rest of my life then so be it!..

Good luck with your choice.

Psychobuff

My Regimen
Reaction score
I too was in the same position when it came to booking the date and paying my deposit, its now been 4 weeks since my surgery with Dr B and I'm happy so far and cant wait to see the results, you can see my link below

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-fue-grafts-dr-b-i-s-a-n-g-a-belgium.111843/

As for finasteride I only fully committed to it 5 months ago and haven't had any sides yet, if I have to take it for the rest of my life then so be it!..

Good luck with your choice.

Thanks man, you sound exactly like me in that thread in regards to first thoughts and options etc.

Dr. B said he can get me in pretty soon, within 3 months I think.

So Dr. B initially said 2500-3000 to you and you ended up with 3395?
At what point was this decision made and did you budget for that initially?

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, you sound exactly like me in that thread in regards to first thoughts and options etc.

Dr. B said he can get me in pretty soon, within 3 months I think.

So Dr. B initially said 2500-3000 to you and you ended up with 3395?
At what point was this decision made and did you budget for that initially?

Yeah its really not an easy decision to make, but you're doing the right thing with asking lots of questions and taking your time with your final choice. I think 3 months is roughly how long I waited as well.

Yeah Initially it was estimated at 2500-3000, however I did stress to the doctor that I was prepared to go to the top end of that number as wanted the best result regarding density etc. I had budgeted for 3000 but had extra just incase it did go over, during your pre surgery chat and filling out of all the forms there is a form which clearly states if you want to set a number of graphs or if you'd allow more graphs to be used to fill in extra gaps as the doctor fills necessary, I chose that I was prepared to go over if needed but it is entirely up to you.

Hope this helps.