Default Differences between US and nonUS surgeons?

eric105

Reaction score
Other than the obvious huge cost difference, what would some of the other differences be between say a top NYC surgeon and one of the reputable foreign surgeons, such as Bhatti?

My initial argument was that a local surgeon in NYC would be be able to have close follow up if there was any complications. However, it seems from this message board follow up is rarely needed. The surgeon I spoke with does a good amount of FUE so experience level of FUE vs strip seems to be good. Any other reasons you guys would chose someone like Bhatti over a reputable US surgeon?

I guess more specifically speaking from those of you who have been analyzing the work from photos and stats over the years. Would the hairline quality, transection rates, and hair density be relatively equal? It seems Bhatti doesn't do PRP, but I understand the data hasn't really supported this fully yet anyway. It seems to be anecdotal at this point.

shookwun

Reaction score
It pretty much all falls down to cost, location and convenience.

Cheaper reputable surgeon versus expensive reputable surgeon

Especially considering most people want FUE so it becomes paramount that going over sees is generally the better choice cost wise.