Defendors Story (29 /Game on!!)

defendor

Reaction score
Hello there, ok so like most a long time lurker on here and now the time has come! After the hours of research and the weighing up of options i'll finally pop the pill and maybe eventually foam up the thinning thatch and see how it all goes.

Ive bought some Finpecia from inhouse, going to start on 0.25/0.5mg and see how well its tolerated. Ive been using Nizoral, Alpecin and Activ M shampoos, also been tanning Nourkrin on and off for a while; more for the sense of im doing something about it. Im 29 and I reckon ive been slowly balding since about 20, its now at the point where its just getting too thin all over. Ive still got enough to style reasonably well and can get away with longish hair with a bit of spikiness going on. My Paw has still got a good head of hair but mothers Paw was bald as a young dude!

Im looking at this as my own little scientific study, everyone should be able to conduct their own at some point in their lives right? Will those lucky non mpbers ever get to do that!? lol Yeah there are potential sides etc but hey if the worst comes to the worse, its not the end of the world.

On we march! All the best!

defendor

Reaction score
ok so took my first 0.25mg this morning, thinking of doing another at night and going at it this way. Any reasons why this wouldnt be a good idea?

cheers

Halp

Reaction score
I wouldnt do it like that purely because it now means you need to have tablets on hand twice a day.

What happens if you go out on a date? Or just for some drinks with the guys? That tablet wont be on your mind and you will forget it.

Ive forced myself into the habit of taking it before I go to work, I never forget... then I have a day off. I normally take it at about 7am, 3 days ago it was 3pm and I realised I hadnt taken it.

Id say stick to 1 time, its easier on you. Especially when its something you need to take regularly.

Also I really like your outlook on it, Im ridiculously negative about it. Wish I had your view on it.

defendor

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply Band in Hope. Ive already started on the 0.25 in the morning and at night so will continue with that for now. Its no biggy for me to remember as i take vitamins at night anyway and if i go out and get trollied and forget, its no biggy. I know its hard not to be negative with it all but theres so many things that maginify situations, age being one. Like you I went through it all in my early twenties and let me tell you theres a bigger picture out there and you will come to realise this with or without hair! Good luck amigo!

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
Great attitude and approach, dude.

I feel the same way. I really dont care that much if I go fully bald anymore. In fact I know its coming. I started balding very rapidly when I was 21, started treatment at 22 and have kept all my hair and grown some back and Im 25 now.

Ive come to terms with my fate, but like you said, its kind of a science experiment. Ill try to fight it as long as I can. And to be honest, I'm glad Ive gotten this far. At this rate, I might be bald by 30 and thats not too bad I think. Its a hell of a lot better than being bald at 21. Plus theres so many bald guys out there these days with shaved heads who look great.

BTW, just for reference, my regimen is as follows:

0.5 mg Finpecia everday
1 ml Minoxidil over entire top of head once at night
Nizoral every third say
NANO shampoo on the days in between.

I also keep my hair buzzed to a #2 or #3 every 2 weeks. I think keeping it short and neat is a key to hair survival.

I'm a diffuse thinner with zero recession but thinning all over the top of my head.

defendor

Reaction score
emex4 said:
Great attitude and approach, dude.

I feel the same way. I really dont care that much if I go fully bald anymore. In fact I know its coming. I started balding very rapidly when I was 21, started treatment at 22 and have kept all my hair and grown some back and Im 25 now.

Ive come to terms with my fate, but like you said, its kind of a science experiment. Ill try to fight it as long as I can. And to be honest, I'm glad Ive gotten this far. At this rate, I might be bald by 30 and thats not too bad I think. Its a hell of a lot better than being bald at 21. Plus theres so many bald guys out there these days with shaved heads who look great.

BTW, just for reference, my regimen is as follows:

0.5 mg Finpecia everday
1 ml Minoxidil over entire top of head once at night
Nizoral every third say
NANO shampoo on the days in between.

I also keep my hair buzzed to a #2 or #3 every 2 weeks. I think keeping it short and neat is a key to hair survival.

I'm a diffuse thinner with zero recession but thinning all over the top of my head.

Hi Emex4, tried to find your story but couldnt see it anywhere. How do you feel its all went for you? Are you happy with the state of your hair 3 years into treatments?

defendor

Reaction score
6 month update roughly. So been on Finpecia 0.5mg every day and i would say my hair is certainly starting to look darker all over which i would put down to the finasteride and stronger hair coming in?

When i come out of the shower and comb my hair back i can see new hairs in the hairline coming through which i didnt expect. Im still losing hair when i comb it etc but have nothing to compare this to as i used to try and not get caught up in how many hairs i was losing each day. I have the slight itch still.

Ive moved onto the Wellman tricolopure vitamins or whatever theyre called as couldnt get the Nourkrin vits as they had become too expensive. Shampoo wise i currently lather up with some Nizoral, add some activM, then Nourkrin shampoo and conditioner. I wash my hair every second day.

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
defendor said:
6 month update roughly. So been on Finpecia 0.5mg every day and i would say my hair is certainly starting to look darker all over which i would put down to the finasteride and stronger hair coming in?

When i come out of the shower and comb my hair back i can see new hairs in the hairline coming through which i didnt expect. Im still losing hair when i comb it etc but have nothing to compare this to as i used to try and not get caught up in how many hairs i was losing each day. I have the slight itch still.

Ive moved onto the Wellman tricolopure vitamins or whatever theyre called as couldnt get the Nourkrin vits as they had become too expensive. Shampoo wise i currently lather up with some Nizoral, add some activM, then Nourkrin shampoo and conditioner. I wash my hair every second day.

Sounding good so far. Are you taking .25 twice a day or just .5 once a day?

defendor

Reaction score
Sounding good so far. Are you taking .25 twice a day or just .5 once a day?[/quote]

Just the 0.5 once in the morning.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why are you still taking 0.5MG? Why not take the full dose? Obviously if you have been on it for 6 months, you are tolerating it well. You should take the full dose to ensure you get the maximum effect, unless cost is an issue.

defendor

Reaction score
Wuffer said:
Why are you still taking 0.5MG? Why not take the full dose? Obviously if you have been on it for 6 months, you are tolerating it well. You should take the full dose to ensure you get the maximum effect, unless cost is an issue.

I guess im sort of just treading lightly and yes cost has a little to do with it too. I may up it once i see what my hair is like in another 6 months. Plus i dont think theres that big a difference in effectiveness between 0.5 and 1.

defendor

Reaction score
Approx 8 months in and still losing hair, scalps pretty visible under harsh light at certain angles especially when wet but still got decent coverage. Can see new hairs coming in around the hairline/temples so im hoping theres a lot more coming in in other areas too. Upped my dose to 1mg last week.

defendor

Reaction score
Still shedding like a mofo. Think im just going to go for broke and hit the Regaine Foam tomorrow. Took a picture under harsh light. Pretty diffused all over. Frontal area is groin and the Regain shed could leave me with a horseshoe and a half! Woo hoo! :punk:[attachment=0:3vb0rmd0]heed.jpg[/attachment:3vb0rmd0]

Attachments

• heed.jpg
    heed.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 179