Defuse thinners on finasteride

G

Here is my question, I have been on Propecia now for 10 months and I can not believe how much density I have lost in my hair. I am not saying that Propica caused the problem but I am wondering if it is doing anything to help.

Would like to hear from other Defuse thinners to see what your experience’s were like with finasteride?

Also is minoxidil good for Defuse thinners ?

hexedd

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 11 months and I too feel like I have lost some density. The finasteride seems to have slowed it down though, hopefully halted it, but its too early to tell. I just shaved my head to a #2 and I found that the results were fabulous. I have gotten lots of compliments on it. I would recommend anyone with a nice even hair line give it a shot if male pattern baldness is really bothering them. It's much easier to maintain too. 2 drops of shampoo lathers the whole head, and it would make applicated of minoxidil or revivogen etc much easier.

I am currently giving Propecia at least another 6 months before I decide if it is worth staying on, but I think at the very least it is worth staying on it no matter what because it will slow down hair loss, even if it doesnt stop it.

uncertain

Reaction score
If the damn thing caused more thinning, why were hair counts higher for 86% of people after 5 years? Do some of you ever read?

Posts like these are what scares away a lot of people looking for legitimate help.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
uncertain said:
If the damn thing caused more thinning, why were hair counts higher for 86% of people after 5 years? Do some of you ever read?

Posts like these are what scares away a lot of people looking for legitimate help.

It's funny your post is about not reading when it appears that you yourself have failed to read carefully.

jkriley said, "I am not saying that Propica caused the problem but I am wondering if it is doing anything to help." He never claimed the propecia caused his hairloss, only that he wasnt sure if it helped and asked if anyone had similar experiences. Propecia doenst help everyone unfortunatly, so there's nothing wrong with his post. I think you need to relax and rub one out or something, dont' worry, you wont go bald any quicker.

G

uncertain said:

Thanx to fallicule i have no need to respond to the above post, thanx fallicule for helping clarify my point.

Really what I am trying to decided is whether to continue with Propica or not, they say if it has not worked in the first year there is a good chance it will not work but then I have read a lot of post that say after 2 years there was a notice difference hence why I am asking.

I also would like to know from diffuse thinners if minoxidil worked well for them as I am considering adding it.

Just a note to people one here in general this is a form for people to come and ask question, a lot of time people come here upset and scared try to keep that in mind when verbally bashing people post and try to be helpful and not rude if you don’t like what some writes don’t respond. We are all going through the same things and we have all lost are cools at some point.

G

I´ve been using finasteride for about 11 months now. At first it was like most people claim - shedding stopped after 3 weeks, the first 3 months where really nice. Then nothing for 6 - 7 months even a bit worse.

Once I added scalp massage things have radically improved.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 11 months and finasteride improved hair density and quality in hair patch that bridges. Unfortunately it has only stopped hair loss elsewhere. Now I'm happy to say I added topical anti-inflammation lotion and it has started to kick the regime into hair regrowth in bald spots. I use rogaine also for a total of three products used.
As for me things started looking good only at the nine month mark.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm diffuse too but I've only been on finasteride for a little over a month and there's no way to guage success with it. I have, however, been on minoxidil for about 6 or 7 months now. It's really difficult to judge how much the minoxidil is helping my thinning, although I have certainly noticed some thickness and regrowth on my temples. I cant really give you an advice of whats working well in my regimen with regards to those two things.

Prothik spray, however, does work very well for me. I havnt tried other consealers yet, I've heard good things about pretty much all of them. I just use prothik because it's an arosol can and it's quick to use. It can be kind of messy though. And you should look at your hair in good lighting before going outside to make sure you dont look like an *** who spraypainted his head.

Good luck.

Nesta... scalp massages? Just massaging your own scalp every night to increase blood circulation? Does this aid regrowth or inflamtion? Thanks.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Just keep taking it, bro.

I think that follicles are pre-engineered to die at a specific time no matter what the circumstamces are. Those areas of thinning hair might have been worse if you had not been on it.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
ya nesta explain what ur doing and how it helped