DelayTheInevitable's story (25 yrs 8 mths/finasteride and nizoral)

DelayTheInevitable

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been suffering from male pattern baldness since my 21ish. I first noticed my hair loss when my flatmate comments about the massive amount of hair drops under my desk. It didn't bother me too much until 1 year later I went to have a hair cut, the hairdresser told me that my frontal hair looked a lot thinner then the ppl in my age, I was 22 at that time.

I didn't take any action because I believed my hairloss is due to stress, a bad diet and life style, provided nobody in my family suffers from male pattern baldness. As the result my hair continue to thin rapidly for the next 2 years. As my hair loss become more and more obvious, I realized that my hair just would not grow back.

I finally decided to give Propecia a try after consulting with a doctor soon after my 24th birthday. I don't think I am a very good responder to it. My hair loss in crown and frontal area slowed quite a bit, but no sign of recovery on my temple area.

This is how my hair looks like right now[attachment=2:30v3voex]DSC00191.JPG[/attachment:30v3voex]
[attachment=5:30v3voex]DSC00188.JPG[/attachment:30v3voex][attachment=4:30v3voex]DSC00189.JPG[/attachment:30v3voex]
[attachment=1:30v3voex]DSC00197.JPG[/attachment:30v3voex][attachment=0:30v3voex]DSC00199.JPG[/attachment:30v3voex]
[attachment=3:30v3voex]DSC00190.JPG[/attachment:30v3voex]

I recently added Niozral to my regimen, it reduced a lot of itche sensations on my top of my scalp. I also just started to double my propecia dosage in hope it will work better. I don't have any side effects taking propecia, sometimes i wonder it even make a difference. I tried 5% Rogine once, I applied only to my temple area, didn't do nothing for me but made my shed quite bad, so I quit that after one month.

I hate the feeling to be so young and loss your hair. It hurt my self esteem so bad to a point I wish to become someone else when woke in the morning. But its life, nothing will make a difference except keep taking those meds.

Stay strong everyone and look on the brighter side!

Attachments

• DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC00189.JPG
    DSC00189.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC00190.JPG
    DSC00190.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00191.JPG
    DSC00191.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00197.JPG
    DSC00197.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 242

DelayTheInevitable

Reaction score
Hi zeroheat, your recovery looks amazing man, especially on the temple... It seems that you had very good response to minoxidil. I used to apply 5% Rogine to my temple area for about a month. It didn't give me any visible improvement but made the surrounding hair shed a lot.

I just started taking 2 X 1mg propecia pills a few weeks ago. I always had the feeling that 1mg a day wasn't strong enough for me, cause I never experienced any sexual side effect taking this med (ironic isn't it). I really don't expect any regrowth from this regimen, I only hope it could halt my hair loss further. If this doesn't 't work out, I might give Rogine another try by sticking to it for a longer period.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't really dectect much hair loss if any at all. If you're sure that were losing your hair before taking propecia, chances are it brought some back and you may have not notice

SunOfABeach

Reaction score
Shedding is a sign that rogaine worked great for you. It means the hair in resting phase (which is going to fall out sooner or later anyways) is getting massively pushed out by new growing follicles.

Ride out those sheds and give minoxidil some more months to work. Finasteride is not likely to grow your hairline back anyways. Overdosing it won´t do the trick either.

Reaction score
Hi buddy,

I think your hair looks great. In these pictures it looks thick and healthy. You receded slightly in the temples, but I would bet that these will stabilize for a while now that you are on Propecia.

I don't think you've necessarily lost much in the crown. If I saw you in the street, I would in no way consider you balding, thinning, or even close to thinning.

Again, stick with the Propecia. Many people can keep their hair the way it is for 10-15+ years with it, and then maintain it pretty well after that. Don't worry about other treatments - you're doing everything you can do right now.

And never wish that you were someone else. That's not a positive attitude. :)