Derma Rolling...going To Add This Want Some Guidance Thoughts Etc

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to be adding Derma rolling to regimen. For 12 weeks I will take before/after pics to make sure if its worth doing...going to replace the roller maybe 1x a month..

I read the Indian Study and I talked to a few of you who are doing well with this and had progress.

I am on minoxidil topical spironolactone esrodial and just added finasteride

My plan is 1x a week using 1.5 titanium roller or stamp and doing it just to red or pin prick kind of status if even that.

I wont use the topicals on that day.

I am going to use betadine on my head and wash and boil the instrument....wash it after with soap and water and not sure if I should get something to soak it in after as well.

Any advice on disinfecting both instrument and my head or after care for head appreciated that I may not be thinking of.

This is the one I am thinking of buying.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725WKZ1Z/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1L8FHTTQOVSTV&psc=1

thoughts?

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think it's a good idea. here are my thoughts.

1) with 1.5mm, just do it lightly, until skin is pink. You don't want to cause drastic inflammation, just increased blood flow, release of growth factors.

2) ALWAYS clean you dermaroller in alcohol before using. get a cup, fill half with 70-90% alcohol and let it sit for a minute. rinse off and use.

3) I PERSONALLY think applying minoxidil after dermarolling is a good idea. I derma roll 2-3 times a week. After washing my hair. I then apply minoxidil.

4) You probably shouldn't listen to anything I say because after all this I still look like a sickly sewer rat with the f*****g plague.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think it's a good idea. here are my thoughts.

1) with 1.5mm, just do it lightly, until skin is pink. You don't want to cause drastic inflammation, just increased blood flow, release of growth factors.

2) ALWAYS clean you dermaroller in alcohol before using. get a cup, fill half with 70-90% alcohol and let it sit for a minute. rinse off and use.

3) I PERSONALLY think applying minoxidil after dermarolling is a good idea. I derma roll 2-3 times a week. After washing my hair. I then apply minoxidil.

4) You probably shouldn't listen to anything I say because after all this I still look like a sickly sewer rat with the f*****g plague.

LOL I am going to do it 1x a week to just pink prick not 'bleed' like spots of red...
no topicals
then 6 days a week do topicals.

I am going to be really safe not to go too deep and to disinfect both my scalp and instrument. like over-paranoid with it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn

I will wash it, boil it, soak it in rubbing alcohol a minute or two

Use it (bedadine on my head first)

then wash it well.

soak it in barbercide disinfectant for a minute or two, let it air dry ,then store it in container.

and repeat next time.

Thoughts?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn

I will wash it, boil it, soak it in rubbing alcohol a minute or two

Use it (bedadine on my head first)

then wash it well.

soak it in barbercide disinfectant for a minute or two, let it air dry ,then store it in container.

and repeat next time.

Thoughts?

over kill. there's nothing wrong with a little bacteria. just soak it in alcohol for a minute before use.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
over kill. there's nothing wrong with a little bacteria. just soak it in alcohol for a minute before use.

okay you are right LOL

I am also not going to do it as crazy deep or vigorously as some people have reported here (the famous closed thread did you ever see it??? little crazy)

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Baby, roll that flesh eating bacteria into that dermal layer! I've never seen the effect on a person's head before. Awesome! (Sorry, got carried away, I'm a bit of a horror movie fan). :oops: On the other hand, no valves in the facial/scalp veins so they lack a line of defense against getting a brain abcess. Yeah, brain abcess! Sorry. :( But I've only seen one of those in 40 years, so pretty rare too.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Baby, roll that flesh eating bacteria into that dermal layer! I've never seen the effect on a person's head before. Awesome! (Sorry, got carried away, I'm a bit of a horror movie fan). :oops: On the other hand, no valves in the facial/scalp veins so they lack a line of defense against getting a brain abcess. Yeah, brain abcess! Sorry. :( But I've only seen one of those in 40 years, so pretty rare too.

Huh?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Well, actually I take the penetration of living tissue very seriously. So much so, that I had to make a joke of it to consider it otherwise. Truly people proceed with proper caution on the derma rolling. You don't want to be that one person that gets struck by lightning. Note: Last two statements are true.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
just noticed you have 199 dislikes... my OCD wants to put a 200-th

so post pictures asap to prevent

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think between washing it, boiling it, dipping it in alcohol, using it with bendadine, washing it after, soaking it in barbers disinfectant (the blue stuff) then letting it air dry before putting it away in its own container for next time to repeat...I am not even going to go 'deep' or crazy...
I mean its like you can get an STD with condoms but I still have sex.

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely a person can go crazy thinking about this stuff. Don't forget to disinfect the container with a surface disinfectant wipe too occasionally. Baribicide is good stuff. Bleach is great, kills about everything, if the product can tolerate it. Then again, we can't sterilize the scalp. Betadine is great for skin but not if you don't want an orange head for awhile. Otherwise, just shampoo it good, wipe it good with sterile saline which you can buy in any drugstore. And don't piss off your roomate and have him dipping the dermaroller in the toilet too or something. Watch it! Go for it!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely a person can go crazy thinking about this stuff. Don't forget to disinfect the container with a surface disinfectant wipe too occasionally. Baribicide is good stuff. Bleach is great, kills about everything, if the product can tolerate it. Then again, we can't sterilize the scalp. Betadine is great for skin but not if you don't want an orange head for awhile. Otherwise, just shampoo it good, wipe it good with sterile saline which you can buy in any drugstore. And don't piss off your roomate and have him dipping the dermaroller in the toilet too or something. Watch it! Go for it!

So, I have this dead body in my freezer I want to make disappear.....thoughts?

good point about the butadiene...

saline solution like for lens cleaning? same thing?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any drug store should carry it.

Saline Soln.JPG

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although it takes way longer to use, I brought one of these
rBVaHFV_7meAGsaFAAELS7-6m3E565.jpg

They are very cheap and you can buy a huge bag of replacement cartridges cheap aswell. I use a head a few times and clean it with Ethol Alcohol. The disadvantage I found with rollers is that the needles can get bent a bit with a few uses and you generally have to replace the whole thing (depending on if the heads are removeable or not). But like I said, if you are doing your whole head it can be very time consuming if using one of these since they only do a small area at a time. But the bonus is that you can adjust the depth without having to use another head.