Dermaroller

Redbone

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this device? I know a few years back it seemed to be a pretty hot topic?

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
Has it got something to do with Dermmatch?

That would be pretty sweet if you could roll that stuff on, nice and quick

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It seems to be pretty much out of fashion now.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Has it got something to do with Dermmatch?

No, it's a device with a lot of micro needles that slightly wound your scalp. The theory is that topicals become more effective if you help them penetrate. I think it's supposed to help with scars and anything else you want your skin to absorb. There's also some research involving wounding to stimulate follicle growth, but I don't know if the dermaroller is aggressive enough for that.

But yeah, Dermatch is a b**ch to apply. =p

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
There's also some research involving wounding to stimulate follicle growth, but I don't know if the dermaroller is aggressive enough for that.

That's actually the premise behind the m*a*g g*r*o. A lot of people think it's just a massager, but it actually hurts like hell to roll over your scalp, not something I'd consider a massage. The theory is, you roll it over your head and traumatize your scalp, causing the tissue to regenerate itself. I am still using mine but I'm far too early (a little over 2 weeks) into it to report of any progress.