dermatitis?

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the RIGHT answer to this question? Can untreated seberroheic dermatitis cause hair to fall out? I do have a pretty severe case of it, and was using Nizoral 2% for about 4 months but it didn't help my dermatitis. I just went to a new dermatologist who prescribed Selenium Sulfide and Clobex shampoo. If this combination clears up my dermatitis, is it possible to stop hair loss and allow growth to occur? I have noticed that most of my hair that falls out has a chunk of dermatitis towards the bottom and a little bit of discoloring a milimeter (an approximation) or so from the bulb as well.

I've seen four dermatologists. Two told me it looked like i had the beginning stages of male pattern baldness and two told me I did not have it, although I am shedding hair. The two who said I don't have male pattern baldness are also the two who said I have the dermatitis. I am so confused and very upset, as my hair is maybe half the density it was a little over a year ago.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya man, i totally know what u mean. i have been battliing s.d. for 8 years now....still no cure. it does make hair fall out (seborrhea) and male pattern baldness works on the miniturizatoin process. i'll talk to u more about it later.